Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

SimBrief not giving me a decent route

As you can see on the pictures attached, I am using SimBrief and trying to generate the plan.

On the plan to Florence from EGNT, it simply couldn't find a path. In the other path I get terrible outcomes.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/D2SzJY6ijXErYXjV9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bfooajWA2Ji73Cf38

Is there a better way to generate plans? I use Navigraph and with SimBrief at the moment.

Gaz

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

4 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Is there a better way to generate plans? I use Navigraph and with SimBrief at the moment.

Gaz

I try to find a real-world plan to use.  If it is not a route flown in the real-world, then I typically use LittleNavMap and make a sensible route.

I do not use SimBrief, but surely you can configure it so that it will not generate a route like that.  Some of those sites get waypoint-happy and gladly insert 44,252 waypoints into your EGLL-EHAM short hop.

For North America I use FlightAware.  For Europe, use a site called EuroFPL to find real-world routes.  It's not quite as good as FlightAware, but it does give me some real-world plans to use.

I'm always up for new resources for finding real-world routings -- so I'm sure others will be along to give me some resources for South America, Asia, Oceania/Oz, and Africa. :)

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

48 minutes ago, Mace said:

then I typically use LittleNavMap

Hiya, thanks for that. I have LittleNavMap installed, and I created a decent, simple plan. I was also able to export  it to a P3D. However, Ineed to get it into Aerosoft Airbuses - do you know how I would be able to do that?

Gaz

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

I guess the problem is that there are no direct flights between Florence and Newcastle.

You can still find a route in Simbrief by doing the following:

On the NEW FLIGHT TAB enter your flight details depart / dest and A?C type as per normal.
Ensure current AIRAC cycle.
Scroll down to Route Finder header and select Find Route. It will then generate a route.
You can fine tune the route by looking at the map, select airways and choose more direct airways and then enter the airway(s) or fixes and put them in the Include These Fixes/Segments in the Route Finder section. This could give you more direct options.

You could also select any of the Route generator or planning icons beside Route (?) -> Flightawre, Skyvector etc. Then cut and paste plan into the route box in Simbrief.

You could also use Flighttracker.com and do a search LIRF and see which aircraft are leaving there and if any are going to Newcastle. Clicking on the aircraft gives you the flight plan or you can look at recent flights and see if anything there.

You can run the IFPS validation to see if the route you have created is IFPS (Instrument Flight Procedure Validation) is valid . I wouldn't get too concerned about this unless you are a purist 🙂

Cheers

Steve Hall

6 minutes ago, cowpatz said:

I wouldn't get too concerned about this unless you are a purist

No - to be honest I have lived in that area, and know the airport well. I bought the airport, and i like it. That's why I fly from my favourite airport to other  airports I want try out. 

If I can get the flight plan from LittleNavMap (which I can't find how to do) and paste it into Simbrief then that good, but I can't find how to do it. 

Gaz on Facebook

51 minutes ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Hiya, thanks for that. I have LittleNavMap installed, and I created a decent, simple plan. I was also able to export  it to a P3D. However, Ineed to get it into Aerosoft Airbuses - do you know how I would be able to do that?

Gaz

In LittleNavMap -- File menu | Save Flight Plan as FLP... 

Now, save the file to your c:\users\yourname\Documents\Aerosoft\General\A3XX Flightplans

Now in the Aerosoft Airbus FMC you will be able to load in the flight plan.

Rhett

Brilliant, that sounds exactly what I wanted. Thanks! 

Thanks for everyone trying to help - I am a bit simple. 😁

Gaz on Facebook

17 hours ago, Mace said:

then I typically use LittleNavMap

Hiya

I'm still in trouble here, one of which is saving flight plans and I think it's just how I'm doing (SAVE AS ...) the wrong save at the moment, and I'm trying to check it out.

The main problem is that when I create the plan, and I go into MCDU to load it, I get a INIT REQUEST string come up. I don't get that from the plans from SimBrief. Do you know what causes it?

Thanks, Gaz

Gaz on Facebook

18 hours ago, Gary McCluskey said:

As you can see on the pictures attached, I am using SimBrief and trying to generate the plan.

On the plan to Florence from EGNT, it simply couldn't find a path. In the other path I get terrible outcomes.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/D2SzJY6ijXErYXjV9

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bfooajWA2Ji73Cf38

Gaz

one of the reasons you are struggling is no one flies the route (to the best of my knowledge)  and simbrief replies on routes on flightaware and previous routes run on the 2 city pairs.

Theres not even a recommended route for it on CFMU (eurocontrol)  so your in a bit of a mess here.  

Now what I would do would be to find a route thats going to close to your destination and chop and change the route.  This is how we would do it in the real world.

for example there is a Vueling flight today from Florence to Gatwick, route as below 

N0418F300 BALUK5M BALUK M730 BEROK L153 OSBUL L995 PEPAG N851 ABESI/N0447F380 UN851 ELMUR UL613 DIDOR UT10 IRBAL UT421 KUNAV TIMBA4B

Now youve also got a LSGG TO Newcastle today doing this 

N0442F380 DIPIR UB37 IBABA UZ124 OBURO UH10 CHABY UM733 KOPOR UY376 VESAN UL613 SOVAT/N0433F360 UL613 MOGLI/N0392F280 UL613 BETAX/N0384F260 UL613 MAMUL UY250 GASKO DCT

I would chop and change both routes to this 

N0418F300 BALUK5M BALUK M730 BEROK L153 OSBUL L995 PEPAG N851 ABESI/N0447F380 UN851 ELMUR UL613 MOGLI/N0392F280 UL613 BETAX/N0384F260 UL613 MAMUL UY250 GASKO DCT

and bobs your uncle... the key here is the UL613  both routes are using this airway so you cut and paste the 2 routes together using that airway.

Ill admit I have a head start beacuse ive access to eurocontrol which give me both those route strings.  with out it that would of taken me a while to do.

Capture.png

Capture.png

Cheers 

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

PFPX generated and EuroControl validated route:

(FPL-DAESE-IS
-A320/M-SDE1FGHIJ1RWXYZ/LB1
-EGNT1655
-N0439F370 DCT ERKIT L602 OTR L90 DOLAS L603 LAMSO UL603 EVELI UL19 TULIP DCT REMBA DCT PITES DCT EDISA Y852 NATOR UN850 ODINA DCT ROBAS/N0414F290 L153 BEROK
-LIRQ0217 LIRP
-PBN/A1B1C1D1L1O1S1 NAV/RNVD1E2A1 DOF/190330 REG/DAESE
 EET/EGTT0011 EHAA0034 EBUR0047 EDUU0105 LSAC0126 LIMM0140
 LSAC0143 LIMM0143 RVR/75 OPR///
 PER/C
-E/0327)

Edited by srcooke

ahh i read your post wrong.. i thought you wanted LIRQ TO EGNT..

🙂

14ppkc-6.png

6 minutes ago, srcooke said:

PFPX generated and EuroControl validated route

Sorry - I don't understand that solution, unless it was for tooting, w3hich I don't understand either.

I simply want a planning situation that can do both my aircraft (real or not type of planning).

I want what SimBrief delief, but the plans are terrible sometimes.

Gaz on Facebook

I put the route created by PFPX through Simbrief, it should now be available to you.

1 hour ago, Gary McCluskey said:

Hiya

I'm still in trouble here, one of which is saving flight plans and I think it's just how I'm doing (SAVE AS ...) the wrong save at the moment, and I'm trying to check it out.

The main problem is that when I create the plan, and I go into MCDU to load it, I get a INIT REQUEST string come up. I don't get that from the plans from SimBrief. Do you know what causes it?

Thanks, Gaz

In the Airbus FMC -- press the INIT button, then under "CO ROUTE" type in your filename (i.e. KMCIKOMA01) or in your case whatever you named your Florence to EGNT plan when you saved it.   Voila.  The flight plan will be loaded into the FMC.

This assumes you saved your plan as an flp file and placed it in the directory I mentioned earlier.

Rhett

11 minutes ago, srcooke said:

I put the route created by PFPX through Simbrief, it should now be available to you.

Great looking software, although I will look at it in the future because it looks pretty conplicated. SimBrief is easier.

Gaz on Facebook