Sign in to follow this  
SledDriver

P3D multicore usage anomoly

11 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

4.  After loading P3D, use Task Manager to enable the third core, leaving the first core unselected.

Sorry, sloppy writing...set affinity to 11 11 11 10 in step 4.

(enabling the fourth core)

If you have HT turned off, you can probably enable all cores.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

13 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

2. Start up P3D with fps set to unlimited, Vsync off.

3.  Start up RTSS and select Scanline Sync / 2 with 60 Hz for a 60 Hz monitor

So you are using RTSS to control frame rates externally to the sim controls?

>Sorry, sloppy writing...set affinity to 11 11 11 10 in step 4.

Where are you setting this? TaskMan or P3D.cfg? I'm not aware that P3D.cfg is read after initial sim startup?

1 hour ago, SledDriver said:

So you are using RTSS to control frame rates externally to the sim controls?

>Sorry, sloppy writing...set affinity to 11 11 11 10 in step 4.

Where are you setting this? TaskMan or P3D.cfg? I'm not aware that P3D.cfg is read after initial sim startup?

RTSS, not via its frame rate limiter, but by using its Vsync options.

Step 4 is via Task Manager.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Struggling a bit here.

I have RTSS installed. Followed your instructions as to the startup order.

Got the sim running. Turned off Vsync and made framelimit unlimited in sim.

Opened RTSS.

Added a new profile for P3D. Selected it.

Clicked the Scanline Sync until it said x/2.

Entered 60 into the space beside Scanline Sync.

Is that it?

Is there anything else I need to do in RTSS? Cos the framerate in the sim according to the in sim FPS (Shift-Z) is jumping around between 36 and 39. I was expecting it to be locked on 30.

What have I done wrong?

55 minutes ago, SledDriver said:

Struggling a bit here.

I have RTSS installed. Followed your instructions as to the startup order.

Got the sim running. Turned off Vsync and made framelimit unlimited in sim.

Opened RTSS.

Added a new profile for P3D. Selected it.

Clicked the Scanline Sync until it said x/2.

Entered 60 into the space beside Scanline Sync.

Is that it?

Is there anything else I need to do in RTSS? Cos the framerate in the sim according to the in sim FPS (Shift-Z) is jumping around between 36 and 39. I was expecting it to be locked on 30.

What have I done wrong?

Hello SledDriver,

First open RTSS and next P3D

Cattura.jpg

Edited by Simone99

Hmm. Something is not right.

I put those setting in and it always shows 37fps. I have a 60Hz monitor so that ain't right...

Only way I can get 30fps is to put 30 in the "Framerate limit", but that's not what you guys say I need to do.

Any ideas?

1 hour ago, SledDriver said:

I put those setting in and it always shows 37fps. I have a 60Hz monitor so that ain't right...

Only way I can get 30fps is to put 30 in the "Framerate limit", but that's not what you guys say I need to do.

Any ideas?

I haven't tried this method yet (Scanline sync/2) so i don't know if it works for me. 
I discovered this method today by reading this topic in the morning.
So far I have used the limit of the RTSS frame at 32 but now I want to try this method after lunch time and give you my 'test'
In some case my RTSS don't block FPS (frame limit mode and NO scanline) and to resolve this i close and open RTSS until block FPS.

So you can try close/open RTSS multiple time (also administrator) and MAYBE it work. ->  (restart only rtss not the sim)
Also you can try increase the application level to high

PS: Sorry for bad english 😧

>So you can try close/open RTSS multiple time (also administrator) and MAYBE it work. ->  (restart only rtss not the sim)
>Also you can try increase the application level to high

Thanks for the ideas. I tried them, but it still doesn't work as expected.

3 hours ago, SledDriver said:

Any ideas?

Verify with a different framerate counter. P3D's internal limiter is wildly inaccurate at times and fluctuates all over the place.

Edited by Sethos1988

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

On 4/10/2019 at 8:26 PM, SledDriver said:

Do you guys deliberately bury your heads in the sand. I took the time and trouble to write that report because it works.

Sled, I achieved a consistent "perfectly smooth" sim maybe 2y ago after a decade of struggling with this or that approach w/ marginal success.  I'm on a now nearly 6y/o system.  Perfection stops when the main thread approaches 100% utilization.  With your configuration and setup, what happens to smoothness when you encounter a scenario that is beyond what your machine can manage, despite how you set it up?  

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

10 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Verify with a different framerate counter. P3D's internal limiter is wildly inaccurate at times and fluctuates all over the place.

I think he used RTSS frame limiter and not p3d limiter

Edited by Simone99

Just now, Simone99 said:

I think he used RTSS frame limiter and not p3d limiter

I know, just saying he needs to confirm the numbers with a different frame rate counter, if he's using P3D's own (Shift + Z) numbers, as they rarely seem to match the actual framerate.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

51 minutes ago, SledDriver said:

>So you can try close/open RTSS multiple time (also administrator) and MAYBE it work. ->  (restart only rtss not the sim)
>Also you can try increase the application level to high

Thanks for the ideas. I tried them, but it still doesn't work as expected.

So the frame limiter work but scanline not. I will try soon and report if for me work.

6 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

I know, just saying he needs to confirm the numbers with a different frame rate counter, if he's using P3D's own (Shift + Z) numbers, as they rarely seem to match the actual framerate.

Yeah sorry i didn't understand completely your comment. Personally i am using Nvidia FPS counter for all games. (YES.. p3d isn't a game 😝

Edited by Simone99
Error