Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Aerosoft Airbus for P3D V4 *** Not a vs FSlab post

Hi Guys, I'm looking at a new airliner to add to the hanger. All I pretty much fly right now is the 737 NG and the 747

I am eyeing an airbus, I am aware of the FSlabs however I'm not looking to spend that amount on an airbus (I'm sure it is well worth the cost however)
Pretty much all I'm wondering is does the Aerosoft Airbus for P3D V4 "work"?

Thanks

P.S I'm not looking for a comparison between the fslabs and aerosoft, I'm well aware of the FSlabs.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

6 months after release, it's still broken.  You may want to wait and see if Aerosoft can actually fix it.

• Upvote 1

I have both. The FSLabs is full immersion and top notch, but the Aerosoft is an excellent product, not as complex and as immersive. You can have the co-pilot assist you and do almost everything for you. Loads of fun!

My Aerosoft is not broken, it works fine. I'm in P3D V4.4

Edited by Midnight Music
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Mines not broken either. Works fine. Very much worth a 100.00 less.

• Like 1

It's still very much broken for me and many others. I suffer from the managed speed drop bug. Also various crashes when using the AOC.

Thanks for the quick responses, Not gonna lie, not sure whether to purchase or not.

Ill ponder it for a bit. I'm very selective in what I purchase now for P3d, Back in my FS9 days I would purchase just about anything and when I switched to P3D a while ago I told myself I would be selective on my purchases in order to maximize the usage out of every add-on.

hhhmmmm Decisions lol.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

No issues here with Aerosoft Airbus. I love the A320 and actually stopped flying my PMDG 737. It gives me all that I’m looking for and I like the fuel planner it comes with as well as the verbal checklist and copilot control of the checklist opinions. You can’t go wrong in my opinion. Is it PMDG or FSlabs level no but I found the extra PC load for most things I don’t use or care for wasn’t worth the difference. My Airbus works in VR well also.

Joe

• Upvote 1

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

53 minutes ago, Midnight Music said:

I have both. The FSLabs is full immersion and top notch, but the Aerosoft is an excellent product, not as complex and as immersive. You can have the co-pilot assist you and do almost everything for you. Loads of fun!

My Aerosoft is not broken, it works fine. I'm in P3D V4.4

Same here.

I have both and recommend the Aerosoft. Works like a charm on my system. Frame rates are about 50% better than FSL A320 for me since the latter is too much for my older processor. If you only want to simulate normal flights and not abnormal procedures, the Aerosoft is a perfectly suitable high-quality model.

Some people seem to have problems with the autopilot, but I never had any issues whatsoever with the airplane. Also, Aerosoft is working on their A330, and the systems work will also benefit the A320 since it is 95% the same. I believe this would be a free upgrade; it normally is for Aerosoft. Also, they don't charge extra for different simulators if the difference in the code is not large. 

Peter

TBH you kind of get what you pay for. And IMO aspects-wise it's better than the NGX, which is normal, since it was developed like 7 years or so now. My airbus flies well, and the last update significantly improved things, specially the fcu, which I now find beautiful. It flies well, as long as you don't want to get deep into it; even an engine failure isn't simulated. I think the only "abnormal" feature included is the altn destination feature in the fmgs. Sounds are nice, and you even get some candy-eye like the fact you can print your AOC is very neat. There are minor bugs, like buttons not working and the copilot that gets stuck sometimes. You'll enjoy it. And fps aren't such a hassle as in the FSL, trust me. I could get this thing on my potato to do 25fps (not bad for a 10 year old cpu) whereas the FSL i used to own wouldn't get over the 15s.

I have both and also recommend the Aerosoft Airbus.  The Aerosoft one has decent to very good vc textures and that helps with the immersion from the VC.  Never had any issues with stability and it works well giving good overall fps in p3d 4.4.

Edited by simon747

Simon

On a related note does anyone else have an issue with dynamic lighting with the landing and taxi lights killing performance?  It's much worse compared to say the NGX or a few other planes I have.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

You have 2 hamburgers. 

One is a Mcdonalds cheese burger for £1.50 and tastes rubbery and doesn't fill you up. but its a burger none the less

The others is a five guys with bacon, blue cheese and all the trimmings  which Is £7.00  but it tastes delicious 

The 5 guys is more than double the price but its got all those trimmings.  It took a while to cook, and tastes devine, it's a treat you give yourself once in a blue moon. 

The aerosoft 32x and the flight factor 320 are the Mcdonalds cheese burgers of Airbuses, nothing too fancy. A cheap soggy burger.  A cheap unpolished airbus. 

The fsl with all the added goodies it has is the five guys burger,  problem is you need a bigger stomach (a high end pc) to have the five guys verses to the Mcdonalds crappy cheese burger 

Edited by tooting
  • Like 6

14ppkc-6.png

Personally I very much enjoy the Aerosort Airbus. When I first got it I had a tons of small issues that sort of killed it for me. But since the last update, where they forced a complete reinstall, everything works like a charm for me. Of course I have my own way of doing things and so it’s possivle there are issues I’m not seeing because of that, but for me it flies well and is really fun. I don’t need abnormal procedures and I don’t care for failures, so the aerosoft  Airbus is pretty much the kind of product that I like. I’m always impressed by its auto land, which is always smooth. Once or twice rouchdown was a little rough... strong winds make it definitely harder for the A/P to cope, but sometimes I then just disable it and fly it myself.

Bottom line, I don’t think you’ll be disappointed by it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

20 minutes ago, tooting said:

You have 2 hamburgers. 

One is a Mcdonalds cheese burger for £1.50 and tastes rubbery and doesn't fill you up. but its a burger none the less

The others is a five guys with bacon, blue cheese and all the trimmings  which Is £7.00  but it tastes delicious 

The 5 guys is more than double the price but its got all those trimmings.  It took a while to cook, and tastes devine, it's a treat you give yourself once in a blue moon. 

The aerosoft 32x and the flight factor 320 are the Mcdonalds cheese burgers of Airbuses, nothing too fancy. A cheap soggy burger.  A cheap unpolished airbus. 

The fsl with all the added goodies it has is the five guys burger,  problem is you need a bigger stomach (a high end pc) to have the five guys verses to the Mcdonalds crappy cheese burger 

LoL!! Thats awesome, well said