Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Aerosoft Airbus for P3D V4 *** Not a vs FSlab post

I never ever perform emergency or abnormal situations. Not my thing so all the extra cost that go into making that available to me really has no value to add...To the way I use the sim that is.

• Like 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

17 minutes ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

I never ever perform emergency or abnormal situations.

Neither do I. But still, FSL A319/320 is such a unique product that there are 1000 things you love about it even though you never touch the above.
I have a few more top quality aircraft parked in my P3D hangar and I keep promising to myself I will fly them next month (to justify spending a lot of money on them). But...I can't. One flight in any of them and... I'm back in my virtual A320 seat.

Anyway, it wasn't supposed to be a 'vs FSLabs' thread, so I apologise for breaking it, but I had to write it to give you a different perspective.
Many simmers believe this is emergencies we pay extra for. But ho ho ho, there is so much more. 🙂

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

I'm interested also. Does anyone run this with Windows 7? AS says it wasn't tested on that.. Thanks for the response.

Dwight Heyer

1 hour ago, tooting said:

You have 2 hamburgers. 

One is a Mcdonalds cheese burger for £1.50 and tastes rubbery and doesn't fill you up. but its a burger none the less

The others is a five guys with bacon, blue cheese and all the trimmings  which Is £7.00  but it tastes delicious 

The 5 guys is more than double the price but its got all those trimmings.  It took a while to cook, and tastes devine, it's a treat you give yourself once in a blue moon. 

The aerosoft 32x and the flight factor 320 are the Mcdonalds cheese burgers of Airbuses, nothing too fancy. A cheap soggy burger.  A cheap unpolished airbus. 

The fsl with all the added goodies it has is the five guys burger,  problem is you need a bigger stomach (a high end pc) to have the five guys verses to the Mcdonalds crappy cheese burger 

I do love these P3D versus everyday life analogies.. 😁

Just as a point of reference.. The "once in a blue moon" qualification is good advice... The 5 guys burger has hypertension, high cholesterol, and myocardial infarction written all over it.. The "Big Mac" probably isn't a whole lot better, it will just take a while longer to kill you... 

As for the Aerosoft A320 P3D v4 version, I don't think i'd call call it a soggy Mickey D's cheeseburger, maybe more like a Burger King Whopper Junior, without cheese or Mayo.......🤣

Maybe not the best there is, but certainly a reasonable alternative.

Edited by SunDevil56

30 minutes ago, dheyer said:

I'm interested also. Does anyone run this with Windows 7? AS says it wasn't tested on that.. Thanks for the response.

I do and it does fine.

39 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

😁

As for the Aerosoft A320 P3D v4 version, I don't think i'd call call it a soggy Mickey D's cheeseburger, maybe more like a Burger King Whopper Junior, without cheese or Mayo.......🤣

I've only had one 5 guys burger, it cost me a fortune and it gave me the craps for 2 days

Edited by tooting
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

I think it boils down to how realistically do you fly the sim. If you're a "kick the tyres and light the fires" kind of guy the AS320 would be a great choice. Nothing too fancy and will get you from A to B. If, however, you're a geek (like me) who enjoys going through all the pre-flighting, flight planning and procedures then you'd have to go for the FSL version. It is pricier but the simulation depth and immersion are second to none especially with the upcoming update. It really is a question of of how you approach your simming.

• Like 1

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.

1 minute ago, speedyTC said:

I think it boils down to how realistically do you fly the sim. If you're a "kick the tyres and light the fires" kind of guy the AS320 would be a great choice. Nothing too fancy and will get you from A to B. If, however, you're a geek (like me) who enjoys going through all the pre-flighting, flight planning and procedures then you'd have to go for the FSL version. It is pricier but the simulation depth and immersion are second to none especially with the upcoming update. It really is a question of of how you approach your simming.

I agree with what he says. 

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

22 minutes ago, speedyTC said:

If, however, you're a geek (like me) who enjoys going through all the pre-flighting, flight planning and procedures then you'd have to go for the FSL version. 

I do exactly that with the Aerosoft A320. I always start from cold and dark, go through amplified checklists, plan my flights including procedures, look at the weather etc.. There is almost no difference between the two models as long as you stick to normal procedures; you could compare the checklists to verify that. The only difference is that the FSL can "download" flight plans from PFPX into its FMS, but I prefer Simbrief and don't use that feature.

As for the burger comparison, that is not only a contribution that adds little fact, it also is exactly what the OP was asking not to receive. 

Peter

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, qqwertzde said:

I do exactly that with the Aerosoft A320. I always start from cold and dark, go through amplified checklists, plan my flights including procedures, look at the weather etc.. There is almost no difference between the two models as long as you stick to normal procedures; you could compare the checklists to verify that. The only difference is that the FSL can "download" flight plans from PFPX into its FMS, but I prefer Simbrief and don't use that feature.

As for the burger comparison, that is not only a contribution that adds little fact, it also is exactly what the OP was asking not to receive. 

Peter

Really? really?

Go look at a twitch stream of the new update that hopefully will be out in the next week or two and say that again!

O what about icing or that fact that you cannot even set the basic flight deck set up with weather on the captain side and terrain of the first offers side. That basic set up is not possible. Please....stop kidding yourself. 

Them remarks are at the same level as “FSL” is just about failures.

Pete and Rafal summed up perfectly. I was not going to get draw into this topic but some of the replies are.......better not say

To the OP.

If you cannot save up or justify the FSL, them imo your better to look at other aircraft that are the very best in class, Have a look at the.

MadDog MD 80 or the Q400. Both the best  we can buy in there class.

Also please note because none  of the buy the AS replies have pointed out that all developers were pulled of the A318-A321 to work on the A330. So don’t hold you breath for an update.

As for the FSL that took 7 years to make and there working on it all the time around another 3 years now and work is still going on  with the next release the A321 then the sharklet version, both will be far from a texture model different ^^. 

So think as it sounds like you  spent your money wisely. Like I said for the money the Q400 and the MadDog is money welll spent.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

4 minutes ago, Adrian123 said:

Well if some  people get the facts right in the first place  or give the full picture!  Not some rose tinted spec version.

One last thing OP if you have an old PC then yes the FSL is going to be hard to run. My PC runs it fine as a guide.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

Well if some  people get the facts right in the first place  or give the full picture!  Not some rose tinted spec version.

Do you FSL people not have your own forum you can go to. Put on your Captain Hat, shoulder boards, Aviator Ray Bans and feel the love for each other and your Airbus?

Edited by Adrian123
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

I have as much love for the PMDG NG/777/747-8 The MadDog and the Q400. 

Guess I just like the best simulation money can buy and not Kidd myself or others my Mccheeseburger is a 5 guys.