Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Aerosoft Airbus for P3D V4 *** Not a vs FSlab post

On 3/30/2019 at 5:05 PM, speedyTC said:

I think it boils down to how realistically do you fly the sim. If you're a "kick the tyres and light the fires" kind of guy the AS320 would be a great choice. Nothing too fancy and will get you from A to B. If, however, you're a geek (like me) who enjoys going through all the pre-flighting, flight planning and procedures then you'd have to go for the FSL version. It is pricier but the simulation depth and immersion are second to none especially with the upcoming update. It really is a question of of how you approach your simming.

Perhaps you've never flown the Aerosoft Bus.
I have to do all of those things (pre-flighting, checklists, procedures, FMC) with the Aerosoft bus.  (shrugs)

My other main airliner is the PMDG 777, so I think I fly pretty realistically, or else I don't fly it.

But whatever.  When these threads get taken over by (inappropriate) comparisons, no one wins, least of all the OP who didn't ask for that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I was a first day buyer of the AS A320, but I also stopped following the AS forum a long time ago, so I'll ask here:  did they ever get around to adding pop-ups for the flight deck displays?

As I recall, they had one for the MCDU, and the PFD could be made by the user, but the ND was not possible without a lot of issues.  It wouldn't scale properly.  And they always seemed so hostile to the idea that pop-up displays were something that customers found useful.  For me, it's actually a deal-breaker.  I like to use them, edited to my personal needs, and every other top quality aircraft that I fly lets me do that with no problems.  If the A330 doesn't include them, I won't bother to get it.  But that's just me...

Alan Davies

Before leaving this thread, I want to add that I purchased the Aerosoft a320 because I had spent much time flying the Boeings, enjoyed flying the Boeings, but wanted to get a taste of flying a bus. So, if you are like me looking for that taste, and not ready for full immersion (nor the investment that goes with it), then the Aerosoft bus is a rational choice.

1 hour ago, rlashier said:

Before leaving this thread, I want to add that I purchased the Aerosoft a320 because I had spent much time flying the Boeings, enjoyed flying the Boeings, but wanted to get a taste of flying a bus. So, if you are like me looking for that taste, and not ready for full immersion (nor the investment that goes with it), then the Aerosoft bus is a rational choice.

Good choice! Hope you'll enjoy it. And if you don't, at least you "only" got to taste the small version