Sign in to follow this  
KBUR

Outstanding Scenery available: Neochatel Refinery

A guy calling himself  "TomSimMuc", has created an  a m a z i n g  freeware sceney for AFS2 users.  This makes me and others on the AFS2 - Forum  a little bit speechless (of course in a positive way).

Because we have not seen anything like that in AFS2 before. (the Switzerland DLC is mandatory for this; you can get Switzerland here, if you like:  Aerofly FS 2 - Switzerland )

This freeware developer is sooo talented, thank on behalf of the flightsim community!

Neochatel Refinery is available as a free download here :  Swiss Refineries Scenery for FS 2. 1.0.0

269-refinery-jpg

270-hc-2852-jpg

Here a voltage transformer station close to the refinery:

13687-hc-2840-jpg

13741-20190330075745-1-jpg

13734-20190330104157-1-jpg

All the very best,

Konrad.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, KBUR said:

A guy calling himself  "TomSimMuc", has created an  a m a z i n g  freeware sceney for AFS2 users.  This makes me and others on the AFS2 - Forum  a little bit speechless (of course in a positive way).

Because we have not seen anything like that in AFS2 before. (the Switzerland DLC is mandatory for this; you can get Switzerland here, if you like:  Aerofly FS 2 - Switzerland )

This freeware developer is sooo talented, thank on behalf of the flightsim community!

Neochatel Refinery is available as a free download here :  Swiss Refineries Scenery for FS 2. 1.0.0

All the very best,

Konrad.

There are actually a few jaw dropping sceneries out there made by users, but because of the fact that the orthos come from Bing or Google, they unfortunately cannot be shared. One scenery that can be shared is Rodeos Washington area North, series. 

One gorgeous scenery that cannot be shared is this (sigh) made by somebody for their own use.

croppedboat.jpg

20190324232808_1.jpg?width=1616&height=9

20190324232903_1_2.jpg?width=1616&height

• Like 2

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

45 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

One gorgeous scenery that cannot be shared is this (sigh) made by somebody for their own use.

Why? Are models of bridge, buildings and trees copy protected? We don't need orthos.

Edited by torium

4 hours ago, KBUR said:

269-refinery-jpg

270-hc-2852-jpg

Here a voltage transformer station close to the refinery:

13687-hc-2840-jpg

13741-20190330075745-1-jpg

13734-20190330104157-1-jpg

All the very best,

Konrad.

That is AMAZING!

• Like 1

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

1 hour ago, torium said:

Why? Are models of bridge, buildings and trees copy protected? We don't need orthos.

Because that is not an area that aerofly covers in high resolution, you would wind up with buildings over a huge blurry pixelated blob. The only alternative would be to create the orthos yourself, which Within aerofly is getting easier but it's still not necessarily for the faint of heart.

There is another gentleman, who has covered most of Italy with buildings, but the same issue remains, without creating the orthos for yourself, you wind up with tons of buildings sitting over a pixelated blob.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

2 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

20190324232808_1.jpg?width=1616&height=9

...what a big tragedy :sad: !  We are still living in a world of deep commerce, not sharing....