Sign in to follow this  
Bluescaster

Thanks For Crash To Desktop Information

Hi, Just a quick note to thank AVSIM and all those involved in this super piece of work. I've been using Flight sims. since 'Dragon32' 'Commodore64' and SubLogic days!  Sometimes more than others but I've never been without a Sim of some kind throughout the years. I must have been lucky because albeit I've had my share of problems along with the fun of the Sims; until last week I've never (knowlingly) had a problem of Crashing to the Desktop!  

Now I've given up Real World flying, I recently bit the bullet and bought a hi-end computer and began setting up a few of my favourit programs, including FS2004 (Yes! I still use it regularly - currently recreating some Flights/Training and 'Ops' of real world, WWII flyers) Having just about got it all working almost as I wanted - CRASH!  This kept happening but I'd had about 8 - 10 weeks with the new system and all running fine.  I suspect it is a new update of Windows 10.  (My old machines had Win7 and I was used to that!) As you have guessed I turned for advice to AVSIM and found the CTD Document.

Many, Many thanks - I've not fixed my problem yet, having only read it all through last night. I'm now intending to study it in depth and start sorting out the issues. I thought I'd just take time out to THANK you all at AVSIM generally for being there!  And, in particular to THANK the author(s) of the document.

Kind Regards,

Blue

• Like 1

Perhaps you would like to post the specs for your new rig?   I'm quite knowledgeable, but not an expert on PC quirks - perhaps someone else out can help you sort this out...  

BTW, I've had Win 10 for more than 3 years, and after numerous updates (often unwanted), I can't recall it ever causing problems with FSX-Steam itself. 

Thanks for your offer of help and I will certainly return should the problem persist. BTW although I have Steam account I'm not using Steam FSX. The problems at present are with FS2004/FS9. I thought it prudent to sort one thing at a time.

Thanks again.

Regards, 

Blue