Sign in to follow this  
SledDriver

Vertx DA62 G1000 - How do you pan the map?

Trying to learn this new beautiful plane from Vertx.

I've searched the manuals, and I cannot find how to pan the map with a mouse control. The Range/Pan knob to the right of the G1000 display says click to pan. But this seems to have no effect in the sim. the map zoom in/out on the same button works, but I'm totally stumped as to how to pan the map in the sim. Any ideas?

https://vertxsim.com/#iLightbox[DA62 Screenshots]/8

This is worrying.

I own all the RealAir Simulations planes, and always found their support to be timely and excellent.

Now Sean Maloney has created VertxSim and the DA62 aircraft.

I have the above problem with the aircraft avionics which is stopping me from being able to do meaningful flights as I simply cannot use the map properly until I resolve this issue.

I have emailed Sean on the support email address twice now over the last few days, and posted this article here, and have received no support at all on this issue at this point.

I am at a loss to know what else to do to find the solution to this problem. It is very annoying to buy a product and have an early problem and get no support.

I can only hope the Sean is OK, and not ill or anything else which might keep him from his work.

I'm very sure that panning the map is not modeled, in other words you can't do it.  I have more than 4 G1000 equipped add-ons and none of them have this feature,  Your only option is to increase or reduce the range.  But the clarity of the Vertx display makes this a non issue.

• Upvote 1

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

Why would you not model a simple map pan, one of the most useful features to asses a flight and help with planning???

Why clearly leave the PAN controls visible on the facia if they don't work?

I don't get it. I sincerely hope you are wrong, but fear you are right.

3 hours ago, SledDriver said:

Why would you not model a simple map pan, one of the most useful features to asses a flight and help with planning???

Why clearly leave the PAN controls visible on the facia if they don't work?

I don't get it. I sincerely hope you are wrong, but fear you are right.

As stated above... other G1000 simulations do not offer this either... :wink:

Bert

Hmm. So we can do photoreal etc etc, but can't pan a 2D map.

Oh well. At least it isn't me being daft.

Cheers

I was unable to pan yesterday and arrived at this thread a few minutes ago.

I'll  message Sean as well. Hopefully if enough of us do so he'll update the code.

I have entered a simple 2 airport flight plan using the G1000 on the Vertx DA62. I want to enter a SID and STAR but when I click on the procedure button there is only an option to enter, load and activate an approach.There is no option to enter departures.

Any ideas. Thanks

SIDS/STARS are inop at this time.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |