Sign in to follow this  
IMAGRANDPA2

Seems backwards, I know.

Hi everyone.

By backwards I mean I am beginning with a curved ultra widescreen monitor and P3d and wanting a system built to support them. I have stopped flying because of vision issues which is the same reason for choice of monitor. Expensive but will work best for me. No longer flying makes the Sim particularly important to me.i  I am not a gamer and I don't need a blistering hot system able to push every slider to the peg, run numerous addons and expect 60 fps. It is the realism of the flight model, virtual cockpit rendition, avionics  and systems replication that most interest me. A smooth running PMDG 737ngx is a good example of what I am looking for. With all of that in mind, if anyone can suggest a full listing of the components they feel necessary to give to the builder it would ibe a huge help in getting things right the first time! Expense is not the biggest consideration but I also don't need an overbuild that would satisfy a competitive gamer. Thanks for reading this and for any suggestions you might make.

Eric

Hmmm. " It is the realism of the flight model, virtual cockpit rendition, avionics  and systems replication that most interest me. A smooth running PMDG 737ngx is a good example of what I am looking for."

You and everyone else, brother.

I would call the system in my sig a minimum system to run a flight sim. Thought I also run it on my laptop, which is not near as good. FSX settings maxed on both. No addons. Can't speak to Pd3.

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Without any hint on the Budget but without any exaggeration, I suggest something like this:

- i7-9700K on a decent Z390 Mainboard.

- a decent air cooler for the CPU that manages 5.0GHz if overclocking is an option, e.g. Thermaltake True Spirit 140 or Noctua NH-U14S.

- 2x8GB DDR4 RAM with at least 3200MHz and CL14

- 1x 250GB SSD for your operating system

- 1x 1000GB SSD for your simulator

- 1x nVIDIA GTX 2070

- 1x high quality PSU, e.g. a be quiet!, Corsair, EVGA or Seasonic PSU with about 600W

- 1x high quality case with a good air flow concept (Fractal Design, NZXT, Corsair etc.).

That's basically it. This as basis, depending on what you really want to spend, you can increase either performance, storage, RAM or all together. Means: a RTX-2080(Ti), more SSD storage, a m.2 SSD (faster), 32GB RAM, faster RAM (e.g. 2x8GB DDR4 4133MHz CL17). All up to your budget.

Regarding CPU: I think the next best Intel CPU, the i9-9900K, does not offer any real advantage for P3D. Instead, you could wait until the AMD Ryzen 3000 generation is on the market and see if you might consider an AMD build. It seems that those AMD Ryzen CPUs will be fast as hell and certainly a lot cheaper than the Intel ones.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS