Sign in to follow this  
TOMJON24

Touch Screen Monitors for P3D v4

I am building a flight Simulator and will be installing four touch screen monitors in the control panel. I am in the process of designing my own gauges using Air Manager. I will not be using touch screen for the main display computer. I have three 32" curved Benq monitors for that. The touch screen monitors will be running on the client computer that has Air Manager installed on it. For your information I bought the Sim Samurai drawings for the Air Liner X simulator.

I have been looking at different monitors and I noticed the phrase 2, 5, even 10 point touch. Is this a case of the more touch points the better?

Tom Johnson

7 hours ago, TOMJON24 said:

I have been looking at different monitors and I noticed the phrase 2, 5, even 10 point touch. Is this a case of the more touch points the better?

In general yes, but I don't know if Air Manager supports multi-touch, so if you're buying monitors just for that it may not be worth paying a large premium. You could ask in the AM forum about multi-touch.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg
Core i7-7700K / 32Gb DDR4 / Gigabyte GTX1070 / 1080p x 3 x weird / Win7 64 Pro

Thanks for the reply. Yes they support Touch Screen

The have come out with an addon that they call Knobster. It is connected by USB and once it is connected you can touch a dial on the screen and then use the Knobster to turn the inner or outer dial of knob instead of using your finger to turn the dial or knob.

Edited by TOMJON24

1 hour ago, TOMJON24 said:

Yes they support Touch Screen

The have come out with an addon that they call Knobster.

I said multi-touch. I already made a video about the Knobster.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg

I have watched your videos many many times. I guess I am not sure what you are talking about. I will use it by touching just one item at a time. Are you saying more than one touch at a time?

3 hours ago, TOMJON24 said:

I will use it by touching just one item at a time. Are you saying more than one touch at a time?

Yes, it's how you can use multi-finger gestures for things like zooming and scrolling on an iPad.

MarkH

gGzCVFp.jpg