Sign in to follow this  
unc1rlm

P3dv4 at bootup

I have been plagued with p3dv4 starting up almost everytime I boot up. I do not know if this is a bug or what. I have a 1080ti (Nvidia) an I know there was some stuff about power settings  etc but this is aspirating.

Any helpful info appreciated. I always give time to shut down and still it does this. I have window 10x64 latest update.

Thanks,

BobM.

Direct x12 and i get this too.

https://imgur.com/yhgzb1D

Edited by unc1rlm

Bob M

I have this problem too. Who knows what the deal is.

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

It's a windows "feature". If any application has not closed completely when system is shut down, it will reopen on reboot. After you close P3d you can look in the task manager to see how long it takes to actually close - THEN you can shut down system

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thank you vgbaron....thats a drag...not being short...but who wants to go thru that everytime they shut down. I may be wrong but I would think p3dv4 could do something that would shut their program down. Been fighting this for a number of years.

I will read the above post and see if it helps.

Very best to you,

BobM.

Bob M

Just give the computer a couple minutes after closing p3d before selecting the shutdown process.

• Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

I did a couple things...turned the sign in "off" and the one next to it in privacy in settings and lets see what happens.

Thank you Dave!! and everyone else for your input..

Greets to all,

BobM.

Bob M

The "problem" here is the fact that P3D takes quiet a long time to be really shut down after quitting the sim. If you have any addon depending on a closed P3D, you can easily realize that by firing up this addon after you quit P3D. In my case, it is the compiler for GSX Level 2: if I fire this up after quitting P3D, the Compiler tells me "wait to close sim". This message remains for about 40-60 seconds after quitting P3D. Means: if you turn off your PC within those 40-60 seconds, Windows 10 thinks P3D was running at shutdown and fires it up again after rebooting.

Long story short: as others mentioned, just wait some additional seconds after quitting P3D and it will not fire up again after a reboot.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Another one of Microsoft's odd additions to Windows 10. They even made it progressively harder to turn off properly after introduction. That's why I had to add a small shutdown feature to my right-click menu on the desktop, which is basically the same shutdown you get from the ALT + F4 shutdown menu. That completely kills all those features and shuts down / restarts properly.

0puynf4.jpg

Edited by Sethos1988

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

excellent!! How did you add that?

BobM. 

Edited by unc1rlm

Bob M

You can either download the one I made; https://www.dropbox.com/s/sl2bxjufnrpsz9h/Shutdown Modifier.7z?dl=0 (Packed with 7-Zip) then double-click "Add Power Options" and confirm. You can open them in a text document to confirm the contents.

or if you don't trust random files off the internet, you can create a text document (preferably with something like Notepad++ to make sure it's the right format), then add the below;

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Shutdown]
"Icon"="shell32.dll,-28"
"MUIVerb"="Power Options"
"Position"="Bottom"
"SubCommands"=""

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Shutdown\shell\001flyout]
"MUIVerb"="Force Shutdown"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Shutdown\shell\001flyout\command]
@="shutdown /s /f /t 0"

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Shutdown\shell\002flyout]
"MUIVerb"="Force Restart"
"CommandFlags"=dword:00000020

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Shutdown\shell\002flyout\command]
@="shutdown /r /f /t 0"

Then rename it to have a .reg extension. Then you can double-click it.

You can make another text document and add;

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[-HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\DesktopBackground\Shell\Shutdown]

Which removes the entry again if needed (also included in my dropbox link).

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Ok if I add to registry with the download and confirm...when does it show up on the start menu?

Thank you,

BobM.

Bob M

Not the start menu, right click menu on the desktop, at the very bottom. The second you double-clicked it and said 'Yes' to the confirmation box, it should be visible.