Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

D'Andre (ex AirDailyX) is back!

For my XP news need, i got things covered already with other sites.

Edited by france89

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

Amazing news. I really missed him!

Welcome back!

• Upvote 1

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

He really fills a niche, that nobody else seems to be able to fill.

I used to like FSElite but for my taste it is already too much and every article is the same for me. I also have missed the personal touch of airdailyx although I really haven't agreed with everything he said/wrote. 

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

This begs the question did he lose his well-paid job...?  As far as I recall, this was the reason he resigned from Airdailyx.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

3 minutes ago, pmb said:

This begs the question did he lose his well-paid job...?  As far as I recall, this was the reason he resigned from Airdailyx.

Kind regards, Michael

Good question, but... does it matter?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

9 minutes ago, pmb said:

Kind regards, Michael

No it doesn't - that's not any of our business.

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

22 minutes ago, TuFun said:

He answers that question here.

And to add to it, January 2019...

Thank you so much, that's just the info I wanted to know. I really hope him success with the new-old endeavor. 

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I don’t look at ADX much any more as it seemed to become increasingly inert and almost irrelevant to simmers but by chance I went on their website earlier today and the latest ‘news’ is that they have appointed a “Managing Editor of Aerospace Safety, Incident and Crash Investigation”. From the news article, this appointment doesn’t appear to bear much relevance to flight simulation and this together with the fact that a lot of recent news articles were not directly flightsim related makes me think that ADX have decided that there is more mileage for them as a real world aviation news website.

It will be good to have d’Andre back again. Although his opinions could sometimes be subjective and controversial, ADX under his management was always entertaining and it was one of my ‘go-to’ areas for up to date flightsim news and gossip. I look forward to something similar on his new site!

Bill

love me some crazy colin and d'andre....anyways a straight shoot when they talk to each other.

Did any of you ever read some of D'Andre's posts on AirDailyX?  In some of his exchanges with posters he was very unprofessional and in some cases outright crude, vulgar, and insulting.

I don't trust any of the reviews from sites like FsElite or AiurDailyX as, in my opinion, they are biased in favor of the developers.  It is advertising and promotions by flightsim developers that funds these sites, so they can hardly be expected to provide impartial reviews.

Just my 2c.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

1 hour ago, dave2013 said:

Did any of you ever read some of D'Andre's posts on AirDailyX?  In some of his exchanges with posters he was very unprofessional and in some cases outright crude, vulgar, and insulting.

I don't trust any of the reviews from sites like FsElite or AiurDailyX as, in my opinion, they are biased in favor of the developers.  It is advertising and promotions by flightsim developers that funds these sites, so they can hardly be expected to provide impartial reviews.

Just my 2c.

Some people like the informal, 'straight-shooting' style of D'Andre. It's a choice, there are other options to obtain FS-related news, gossip and reviews, if you don't like D'Andre's interactions.

Regarding impartial reviews, I don't think you have tried to read any. While there can be some that appear a little favourable to a developer, FSElite has called out FSDT's GSX Level 2, Aerosoft's A32x Professional and Captain Sim's 757 pricing. D'Andre, back in his AirDailyX days, was highly critical but fair when reviewing products that were not up to scratch.

Each to their own, if you see bias and unprofessional behaviour, then this post won't change your mind.

I much prefer FSElite & D'Andre over the bland, uncritical, 'everything is wonderful' reviews that we've had over the years or the blatant pushing of a rubbish / glitchy product by some influencer on a YouTube video.

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter