Sign in to follow this  
Tim-HH

D'Andre (ex AirDailyX) is back!

43 minutes ago, F737NG said:

I much prefer FSElite & D'Andre over the bland, uncritical, 'everything is wonderful' reviews that we've had over the years or the blatant pushing of a rubbish / glitchy product by some influencer on a YouTube video.

Or magazines..although some are good.

S.

• Upvote 1

On 4/1/2019 at 10:59 AM, okupton said:

Nice. Airdailyx has gone way down hill since he left. 

Yeah just a bit.... I just use FSElite

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

7 hours ago, dave2013 said:

Did any of you ever read some of D'Andre's posts on AirDailyX?  In some of his exchanges with posters he was very unprofessional and in some cases outright crude, vulgar, and insulting.

I don't trust any of the reviews from sites like FsElite or AiurDailyX as, in my opinion, they are biased in favor of the developers.  It is advertising and promotions by flightsim developers that funds these sites, so they can hardly be expected to provide impartial reviews.

Just my 2c.

Dave

I sort of agree, although I just think these "news" sites are out to get likes/comments/attention...  which is basically what they're online for anyway.  I will probably start looking at his site (the ADX guy) again

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Like others, I've simply moved over to FSElite as ADX has gone south.  Nevertheless, I'm pleased to see D'Andre has returned as well.  I find his style a nice alternative - not instead of, but in addition to, other voices and opinions.

Scott

• Upvote 1

I noticed no updates at FL350 since yesterday...so I'm just at fselite.... 

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

I followed the posted link to the FL350 site and read the article about Milviz and the ATR. I was shocked at the language used in it. It showed a total disrespect for the youth and parents in this hobby. I thought D'Andre had more class and was more professional than that. I think I'll continue to get my news moderated from Avsim.

Ted

• Upvote 3

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

Very good news.  D'Andre was a significant personality in the flightsim community which no-one has yet managed to come close to.  Glad he's back

• Upvote 2

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 6:58 PM, Ted Striker said:

I followed the posted link to the FL350 site and read the article about Milviz and the ATR. I was shocked at the language used in it. It showed a total disrespect for the youth and parents in this hobby. I thought D'Andre had more class and was more professional than that. I think I'll continue to get my news moderated from Avsim.

Ted

Not a fan of his language either....What I do like about him though is his rather objective view on things and taking the time to ask the developers why. Only one other website did that (flusinews and its English counterpart which he linked in his article). The rest simply post what the developer posts without making sure they have the full picture, and as a result sometimes they miss what the developer has to say.

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

12 hours ago, JB3DG said:

What I do like about him though is his rather objective view on things and taking the time to ask the developers why. 

I agree that is commendable. I am counting on you and others to report his filtered discoveries here....and if he decides to clean up his act. 😉

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

F This and F that is not a style of writing I want to read, sadly the increase in bad language to a kind of everyday speak is something I don't like, I would imagin it was most likely that  attitude and language that cost  him his new job,

4 hours ago, wizzards said:

F This and F that is not a style of writing I want to read, sadly the increase in bad language to a kind of everyday speak is something I don't like, I would imagin it was most likely that  attitude and language that cost  him his new job,

if you did listen to D'Andre, you would know why he is starting this new venture. your imagination is just that.

• Like 1

I just listened to both podcasts.  Excellent - really glad he's back

• Upvote 2

This is amazing news.  i used to enjoy D'Andre's videos so much, and I would literally sit there for two or three hours and watch the videos on you tube and love every minute of it.  The videos where he would fly around a scenery and just chat about random stuff or even chat to the developer were just awesome.  I will definitely check this new site out.

Seems his new site is now gone as well....  Bummer....I loved his videos and reviews.

Sim: Prepar3D v4.3  | System: Windows 10 64bit | i7-2600K Quad Core (8 lcpu) OC-3800MHz | 16GB DC 666.7MHz | Gigabyte H67MA-D2H-B3 (F6) | 1 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 4GB | 2 AOC 24" HD Monitors | 1 Dell 22" HD Monitor | 1 47" Vizio 3D HD TV/Monitor | 1 Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D PCIe Audio | 1 Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB | 1 Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | 1 Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | 1 Seagate 2TB | 1 STECH 8TB | 1 Seagate 10TB | 1 Toshiba 3TB | HP BD-RE Blu-ray DL RW

full_sig_banner500x80.jpg