Sign in to follow this  
mypupdaisy

Caranedo G1000 Flight Plan Issue

I have the Carenado DA62 with the G1000. I’m trying to create a flight plan. If I use airports in the flight plan, it adds them fine (KDVT-KFLG-KRIW). If I try and add an identifier as a waypoint, it brings up the info (UT73 or any other UT or C0 series) and says press Enter to add, but when I press enter, nothing happens. I’ve watched pilots on YouTube add these in on a real G1000 flight plan. Am I missing something to make this work (such as something I need to update in my sim), or is this a feature that just won’t work because it’s a flight sim?

Thanks

Wow, totally forgot to add my specs.

MSI Gaming Laptop; 16GB RAM; 8GB NVidia 1060GT; Windows 10 (UGG!); FSX SP2.

Carenado avionics are notoriously buggy and incomplete.. that is likely the explanation.

Bert

Not sure if you've tried it, but the freeware program Little NavMap allows you to create a flight plan and upload it in Garmin format.

It's not the same as creating the flight plan on the G1000 and it may or may not be helpful for your purposes, but you can check out their forum here on AVSIM.

Ernest Pergrem

WoW! I was actually hoping there was something like that. I will give it a try. In the real world, you can use a iPad to create your flight plan and upload it to the G1000. I wish you could do that in the sim but this might be the answer. I'm also working with Carenado on the issue. Their support has been great and responsive.

Great googly moogly @Ernest... Little Navimap is fantastic. Will have to see how to get it into the G1000, but WOW and thanks a bunch!