Sign in to follow this  
spilok

What's the best monitor for P3d these days?

My ASUS monitor just died.  It was blinking every 5 seconds and wouldn't boot up.  I thought it was my new JETLINE system, but IT WAS NOT! After a call to Jetline today, Greg (owner) spent an hour with me on the phone and he helped me ELIMINATE all the possible problems with my PC, and we concluded it was the monitor.

I went to Best Buy and bought a Samsung 28" UE 590 today.  Everything works perfectly...however, while I still have the ability to return it, I want to make sure this one is the right one.  I'm fine with it and its resolution is incredible.  It seems to have a little yellowish tint to the color, and I've tried tweaking it several times.  I will be happy with it if there is nothing else out there I should consider.

Please let me know what 27" or 28" monitor you like for P3d, and I would love to look into it.

By the way....I've never been happier with my Jetline Purchase (3rd system) because when I call, they answer immediately and even the President of the company (Greg) walked me through success.  Best computer I've ever had..

Stan

ps.  I'm still going through flight sim withdrawal....wasn't able to fly all weekend.  I'll make up for it, I'm sure.

Edited by spilok

An OLED has black levels to die for if you fly at night.

Regards
bs

AMD RYZEN 9 5900X 12 CORE CPU - ZOTAC RTX 3060Ti GPU - NZXT H510i ELITE CASE - EVO M.2 970 500GB DRIVE - 32GB XTREEM 4000 MEM - XPG GOLD 80+ 650 WATT PS - NZXT 280 HYBRID COOLER

8 minutes ago, bean_sprout said:

An OLED has black levels to die for if you fly at night.

Regards
bs

Tell me the brand and the model.  I WILL look into it.

Stan

I use a 27" Samsung monitor and like it... just make sure you turn down the brightness in Nvidia Control Panel or it will burn your eyeballs out..

I set:   Gamma=+0.80

Bert

I've been using the 35" Predator Curved.  I like it a lot, the curve works well for the cockpit environment since most cockpits have a curve to them.

https://us-store.acer.com/predator/monitors/35-predator-z35-gaming-monitor-z35p-bmiphz

• Like 2

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

21 minutes ago, newtie said:

Agreed on the Jetline System- I'm on my second and still rock solid.

Have you thought about a triple monitor setup? I have three Dell 27 UltraSharps as you can see here. Been running this for several years now.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fmmrz44NFZ5tYdJ2_G5PDY9mnfX-yZSB/view?usp=sharing

THAT is beautiful!

Stan

35 minutes ago, newtie said:

Agreed on the Jetline System- I'm on my second and still rock solid.

Have you thought about a triple monitor setup? I have three Dell 27 UltraSharps as you can see here. Been running this for several years now.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Fmmrz44NFZ5tYdJ2_G5PDY9mnfX-yZSB/view?usp=sharing

Nice clean setup!!!!

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

32" QHD monitor here, and I honestly can't imagine using anything much smaller. I'm running P3D v4.4 @ 2560x1440 resolution, and the image quality is outstanding to my eyes.

I briefly tried a 32" Ben Q UHD 4K monitor @ 3840x2160, but I found that it dragged down performance just a little too much in high demand scenery environments, and while the image quality was excellent, I didn't find it to be worth the trade off in performance versus image quality versus my 32" UHD monitor.

I guess in the end, it all boils down to what your budget allows, what your personal preferences are, and physical space limitations.

What about a TV? Seems like the prices of 4k TVs are much lower. Can anyone with experience with both comment as I am about to upgrade as well. Sorry to say but from a 1080p 😁.

Shom

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

I quickly bought a Samsung TN monitor with great resolution....3840 x 2160.  I had to get a monitor, because I was "dead in the water" and could not even boot up my computer with my defunct ASUS. However, I feel the color on the Samsung is not correct.  Seems to be a yellowish tint overall that I cannot get rid of after all the tweaks. P3d almost looks cartoonish. 

I'm taking it back to Best Buy, and I ordered an LG27UD68-P27 inch 4K UHD IPS monitor.  From all I've read, the IPS monitor has it all over the TN monitor.  It's supposed to have accurate color and it will likewise run at 60hz. We'll see.  I'll have it tomorrow.

Stan

Edited by spilok

Acer Predator XB271HU (27" 2560x1440, Gsync, IPS)

Asus Strix X570-E  |  Ryzen 9 5950X  |  Asus TUF RTX 3080 OC  |  GSkill Trident Z Neo 32GB DDR4 3600  |  Samsung 970 EVO  |  Acer Predator XB271HU  |  Windows 10 Pro