Sign in to follow this  
spilok

What's the best monitor for P3d these days?

On 4/3/2019 at 12:29 AM, spilok said:

However, I feel the color on the Samsung is not correct.  Seems to be a yellowish tint overall that I cannot get rid of after all the tweaks. P3d almost looks cartoonish. 

Stan, if colour is important to you then consider a Spyder5 calibration device. They are designed to correct colour for those who work with photographs but everyone benefits from correct colour.

https://www.datacolor.com/photography-design/s5-welcome/

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:44 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Stan, if colour is important to you then consider a Spyder5 calibration device. They are designed to correct colour for those who work with photographs but everyone benefits from correct colour.

https://www.datacolor.com/photography-design/s5-welcome/

Ray,

What an interesting device and software.  I did return the Samsung and got an LG IPS monitor.  The color looks fantastic on this LG.  However, might be good to have the Spyder5 on hand.

Sorry for the delay in responding.  My wife and I just returned last night from a wonderful trip to Berlin.  Flew into Heathrow on BA...then on to Berlin.  Really enjoyed the last week, but did little on computer and forums.

Thanks again for the heads up on that Spyder5

Stan

• Like 1

I have 2 x 28" samsung 4K UHD and have been fantastic for me with no issues whatsoever. Night flying is great with gorgeous blacks on show and really vibrant ground lights (perhaps helped with chris bell lights) take a look on amazon and see what you think 😁