Sign in to follow this  
Alexandre6463

Flightbeam NZWN released

I saw this just today, and it looks very nice, and appears to be up to the usual Flightbeam standards, but i'm a little puzzled why they picked Wellington of all places, it's not even the largest airport in NZ, actually it comes in at #3, and i'm curious why they didn't do Auckland instead...??

I love the Flightbeam scenery's and I have all of them, but i'll probably pass on this one, as I don't do much flying in NZ anyway.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

I saw this just today, and it looks very nice, and appears to be up to the usual Flightbeam standards, but i'm a little puzzled why they picked Wellington of all places, it's not even the largest airport in NZ, actually it comes in at #3, and i'm curious why they didn't do Auckland instead...??

I love the Flightbeam scenery's and I have all of them, but i'll probably pass on this one, as I don't do much flying in NZ anyway.

I read (or heard) somewhere that they are doing smaller airports because, essentially, they are easier and smaller "products" are released sooner/faster. 

• Upvote 1

Aaron Ortega

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 3.4 GHz 8-Core Processor, Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard, Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive, SAMSUNG 870 QVO SATA III SSD 4TB, Asus TUF GAMING GeForce RTX 3090 24 GB Video Card, ASUS ROG STRIX 850G 850W Gold Power Supply, Windows 10 x64 Home

Simply put, Wellington is an interesting airport — variable weather and frequent high winds, plus visually compelling approaches with the bay and hills surrounding. The airport itself is modern and architecturally striking (though small). You also have the draw of it being in a detailed Orbx region.

I’ll take all of that over one more gray, boxy, generic airport in the middle of endless plains any day!

James

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, SunDevil56 said:

They are working on NZAA as well but it won't be ready anytime soon. NZAA was delayed due to the major construction currently happening. They said on their forum that ''There was no point for them to continue building the entire product for release when the entire airport is being changed around. This was how NZWN got put on the road map ahead of the originally planned schedule.''

Edited by Alexandre6463
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, honanhal said:

variable weather and frequent high winds, plus visually compelling approaches

I do hope they have all the SODE features including auto daytime low vis runway / approach lighting & animated windsocks ... as do FBS's EDDN & KPDX.

They'll be surely needed at this airport .... for those who "enjoy" the flying as much as.

• Like 1

for now, cheers

john martin

An excellent choice of airport and one that ORBX should have done years ago.

Some great regional flying to be done.

Well done FB!

• Like 1

Cheers

Steve Hall

1 hour ago, cowpatz said:

An excellent choice of airport and one that ORBX should have done years ago.

Some great regional flying to be done.

Well done FB!

Very true. Especially when combined with Godzone Nelson and Dunedin. Great flying over diverse country. Bring on Auckland and Christchurch (Godzone)! 

• Like 1

Murray Dreyer

5 hours ago, honanhal said:

Simply put, Wellington is an interesting airport — variable weather and frequent high winds, plus visually compelling approaches with the bay and hills surrounding. The airport itself is modern and architecturally striking (though small). You also have the draw of it being in a detailed Orbx region.

I’ll take all of that over one more gray, boxy, generic airport in the middle of endless plains any day!

James

Plus a realtively short runway with Cook Strait at one end and Wellington Harbour at the other. Challenging to say the least.

• Like 1

Ian S

38.jpg

will absolutely buy this.. This looks very good. Haven't flown into Wellington for such a long time and was not aware a hotel had been built there.

As for NZAA will buy this also when it finally gets released (by the way, for NZAA, most external construction has completed in the current development phase -A new VIP lounge at the Eastern end of the Domestic Terminal is currently being built. Obviously more expansions are planned in the near future,. But you have to draw the line somewhere and about now I would suggest, is the time.:biggrin:.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, vadriver said:

I do hope they have all the SODE features including auto daytime low vis runway / approach lighting & animated windsocks ... as do FBS's EDDN & KPDX.

They'll be surely needed at this airport .... for those who "enjoy" the flying as much as.

Yes has SODE and a new feature called WETfx

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Going to have to wait for Payday at the end of April before I can purchase this one... Delighted that its been released though as didnt expect it for much longer than this - With Christchurch out this month its going to be a great time to fly in New Zeland

Just noticed that the "Whats Next" section of the manual hints that FlightBeam will now concentrate on Auckland

8 hours ago, Alexandre6463 said:

They are working on NZAA as well but it won't be ready anytime soon. NZAA was delayed due to the major construction currently happening. They said on their forum that ''There was no point for them to continue building the entire product for release when the entire airport is being changed around. This was how NZWN got put on the road map ahead of the originally planned schedule.''

That makes sense, thanks for sharing that.

Not having ever flown in NZ, are there any other third party airports to pair this with?

Yes, there are some.

- ORBX North and South Island as Basis, landclass and vector based scenery for both Islands.

- ORBX Milford Sound (NZMF)

- ORBX Queenstown (NZQN)

- ORBX Whangarei (NZWR)

- ORBX Gisborne (NZGS)

- GodZone Dunedin (NZDN and NZTI included)

- GodZone Nelson (NZNS)

Means: already some nice stuff for VFR flying. Godzone is working on a Christchurch rendition. Flightbeam might still be working on Auckland (NZAA).

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS