Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Trees, trees and autogen....

Enjoying flight in the VSkylabs gyro (out of Corning-Elmira NY) and Eurofox over the dense forest scenery back east.  The Eurofox revisits a flight I took for real in a Luscombe about twelve years ago, out of Pegasus Airpark in Pennsylvania.  My friend, the Luscombe owner, put me up in his log cabin home and I got about twenty minutes stick time with his Luscombe before embedded thunderstorms approached us, the day looked exactly like my screenshots show.  We then went back to his home and waited out the torrential rain which began falling as soon as we landed back at Pegasus.  Then he took me to breakfast and he and his wife took me back to Philly where I was staying nearby the airport.  I love Philly airport, I have flown into there from Frankfurt Germany twice, once in '84 then eleven years later when I was returning from Frankfurt after working on an assignment in beautiful Bologna Italy (screenies attached).  Pegasus is the only grass strip I have flown from, oh so soft to takeoff and land on, I have also flown fixed wing as a student pilot off of a dirt strip, and also trikes from dirt strips.....  Those are a bumpy way to get off, you bounce into the air and bounce on landing.

John

QIeW3Q1.png
J1pZAIi.png
SYyFzAP.png
DKBztBl.png
BWKuQ8s.png
1qdfUVV.png
bnvA5Im.png
p7fsUpQ.png
KRXTNNV.png
GcZaETx.png
zsYrqjy.png
N9QSUAC.png
Twnm9bM.jpg
SnEAikZ.jpg

Edited by John_Cillis
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, ThrottleUp said:

Nice pics friend, have you seen this mod?:

http://simheaven.com/simdownloads/dense-forests/

I have now, thanks to u, and it is now installed and I have to say it looks outstanding, flew the same flight out of Pegasus and it looked the same as my real flight, since the forest is denser there than what my above screenshots show.  No hit in sim fps either, rather amazing.  I then just took a flight out of Glacier International towards Glacier Park and the Continental Divide in Montana, and I will be posting those screenshots shortly.  Again the forests with mod look so much more realistic than my previous flights from glacier.  Very cool stuff, what comes out of the heads of our freeware add on designers!

John

Glad you like it it 😄 yes hes an excellent freeware designer, gave us the HD Mesh too. Good idea to bookmark his site to see what else he comes up with. The HD forests indeed make a big difference!