Sign in to follow this  
HUSSAR

SSAA+FXAA Graphics Issues - Should I Use nVidia CP?

Hello,

I started using X-Plane 11 last year and have found a few add on's that have made the sim look amazing.  While the sim runs at a fairly decent ~30 FPS I just cannot get the AA settings tuned properly.  I found the vid attached below and have used the exact steps to attain ~30 FPS ending up with 2x SSAA+FXAA with scenery shadows enabled.  

I have an MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti DirectX 12 11GB 352-Bit GDDR5X GPU and have yet to find a suitable setting of AA that renders a good picture at my display's native setting of 3840 x 2160.  Does anyone recommend using nVidia Control Panel to set AA and if so, what settings should I apply? 

Here is the vid:  

Thank you.

Robert

Edited by HUSSAR

\Robert Hamlich/

Nvidia CP and Inspector are pretty much useless for controlling X-Plane's AA with HDR on. You would have to turn HDR off which has a much bigger negative impact on the visuals than X-Plane's built in AA.

• Like 1

I had to enable FXAA in the NVCP.

If you are using 3jfps, try disabling the AA tweak.  I found that this severely affected my AA quality, even tho, it's not supposed to have any effect any more, due to changes in the graphics engine.

Edited by smoothchat

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.

Thanks for the feedback, I don't think NVCP has much of an affect on X-Plane.  I will have a look at 3jFPS Wizard and see what that does.

Thank you.

Robert

\Robert Hamlich/

Thank you Michel!

\Robert Hamlich/

As mentioned above make sure FXAA is enabled in the NVCP if you have FXAA enabled within the sim.  It does make a difference.

• Like 1

Matt Wilson

On 4/2/2019 at 6:04 AM, Airboeing said:

Nvidia CP and Inspector are pretty much useless for controlling X-Plane's AA with HDR on. You would have to turn HDR off which has a much bigger negative impact on the visuals than X-Plane's built in AA.

Finally I realize now why my NVCP was not having ANY effect on the sim. My HDR was on. Thanks very much for this info!