Sign in to follow this  
Philipljung

ATC addon

Hi, when there is few people in the tower on vatsim i need to fly offline. But i want the same experience with atc and such, does it exist an addon for p3d v4 where you can actually talk to the atc instead of typing it in?

Thanks in advance!

Philip

VoxATC. I have used it in the past in conjunction with Vatsim: When I started a flight at an airport with no controller online, I launched VoxATC and kept it on until I encountered the first Vatsim controller. However, VoxATC is a bit hit and miss for me at the moment. The second-to-last version worked well with P3D 4.3, but the last version crashes with P3D 4.4. I think there is a demo version, so make sure you test it on your system before purchasing.

Peter

• Upvote 2

Pilot2ATC is also a good one. I find it more flexible than VoxATC.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

17 hours ago, Arthur42417 said:

Pilot2ATC is great

20 hours ago, vgbaron said:

Pilot2ATC is also a good one. I find it more flexible than VoxATC.

Vic

Okay, thank you. 🙂

ProATCx is another good option if you just flying airliners.

Pilot2ATC has a lot more options, but ProATCx is nice if you just want something that just works out of the box with minimal setup.

Edited by itsjase

I do love ProATCx as well, It's the one I use.  It should be said that it is a menu based ATC, and not one that you would actually talk to, as the OP is looking for.

I agree that ProATC has a lot of plusses also but the OP was looking for something with voice interaction which ProATC doesn't provide IIRC.  

I use both depending on what I feel like doing and  both do their respective jobs well.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

5 hours ago, itsjase said:

ProATCx is another good option if you just flying airliners.

Pilot2ATC has a lot more options, but ProATCx is nice if you just want something that just works out of the box with minimal setup.

If you've gone through the Microsoft voice recognition training sequence, then Pilot2ATC takes as little setting up as ProATC/X. The only downside to Pilot2ATC is the price of decent add-on voices (for synthesis). I've collected a few over the time I've been using it, usually when there's a sale on by one of the voice file makers,

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

6 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

If you've gone through the Microsoft voice recognition training sequence, then Pilot2ATC takes as little setting up as ProATC/X. The only downside to Pilot2ATC is the price of decent add-on voices (for synthesis). I've collected a few over the time I've been using it, usually when there's a sale on by one of the voice file makers,

Pete

Hey Pete, do you have an example / recording of how it sounds with a good voice pack pack? I'm interested in the software, though I would like something a tad more natural sounding.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

5 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

Hey Pete, do you have an example / recording of how it sounds with a good voice pack pack? I'm interested in the software, though I would like something a tad more natural sounding.

Microsoft speech synthesis is a darn signt more realistic-sounding than pre-recorded real voices as used by, for example, ProATC/X, PF3 and Radar Contact. But they do depend on the quality of the voice packs installed.

They have the additional advantages that the speed can be adjusted (so you can slow them down a bit, for example, when getting used to prgrasing, or for speakers with overseas accents), and they don't need re-recording by all the 'volunteers' to add new phrases or names.

Occasionally the pronunciation is strange. But otherwise the results are excellent. Think Amazon "Alexa", or whatever the Google equivalent is. (Alexa pronounces my home area name "Knypersley" and "nip-pers-ley" for example, instead of "nye-pers-ley" ;-).)

But think £25-35 each voice (full price), maybe half that during sales. I've collected about 20 now (over the last two years, that is).

BTW the other voice-driven alternative, VoxATC, uses the same synthesis system.

There are programs which you can use to use with the others (PF3, ProATC/X, Radar Contact) using voice input, to translate your spoken commands into menu selections, but whilst that was better than button/keypressing (when I used RC) you can't really easily match the selection with any correct ATC phraseology. The menu choices are by key or button press and the same restricted set of numbers apply to many different options, and change according to circumstances. Also it takes a long time to set this all up and made to work in any half-decent way so really you end up telling the system which menu entry to select.

Pete

• Upvote 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

Pete

I think just the amount of setttings and how it comes with included profiles for most airliners makes it quicker to setup a flight, especially if you're new to the program.

I'll admit after using both for a while I can setup a flight in both quite fast, but the learning curve for Pilot2ATC was much steeper for me, whereas ProAtcX I felt like i was up and flying much quicker. It might even just be a case of UI simplicity, but Pilot2ATC can seem overwhelming until you get to grips with it.

Try Radar Contact. It's old, but it works, and best of all, it's free now!!!

https://www.icloud.com/#iclouddrive/0pEpnc7H0Y7gmku1afLwZeElg 

https://www.icloud.com/#iclouddrive/0Oj5w3UuXoaNzav6270RPct9A

This will get you the program and the License Key generator so you can unlock it. Enjoy!

Russ

• Upvote 1

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)