Sign in to follow this  
Philipljung

ATC addon

I have used all the ATC programs, and the one that is the most realistic to me is PF3. Over 140 different voices come standard, so I didn't have to spend hundreds of dollars buying voices, free demo, ATC chatter is talking to actual AI aircraft in the sim. Works for IFR and VFR. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I just watched a couple of videos of PF3 and the phraseology that they use doesn't seem very accurate. The controllers are much more verbose than in real life. Radar Contact is much more realistic in that respect, IMO...

Russ

Master Sergeant, U.S. Air Force, Retired

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Former B-1B Crew Chief / Flightline Maintenance Expediter

Former Learjet Corp. Quality Inspector

Formerly Young (😩)

11 hours ago, b1bmsgt said:

Try Radar Contact. It's old, but it works, and best of all, it's free now!!!

https://www.icloud.com/#iclouddrive/0pEpnc7H0Y7gmku1afLwZeElg 

https://www.icloud.com/#iclouddrive/0Oj5w3UuXoaNzav6270RPct9A

This will get you the program and the License Key generator so you can unlock it. Enjoy!

Russ

Does radar contact automatically support SIDS/STARS?

Or is it like pf3 where you have to manually enter them?

58 minutes ago, itsjase said:

Does radar contact automatically support SIDS/STARS?

Or is it like pf3 where you have to manually enter them? 

Unfortunately it's a bit weak in that area... it just clears you to follow "published departure procedures" if your first waypoint is within a certain distance from the departure airport. It's up to you to fly the details of the SID. Arrival will be vectors to the assigned runway, but you can request a full IAP approach after that. There's a lot more details that you would have to read the documentation to become familiar with...

Russ

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Formerly Young (😩)

Thank you everyone for all answers, I wasn’t expecting that at all. Now I’m going to do some research on the different softwares and see which of them I like the most. Thank you🙏 

On 4/4/2019 at 5:52 PM, b1bmsgt said:

I just watched a couple of videos of PF3 and the phraseology that they use doesn't seem very accurate. The controllers are much more verbose than in real life. Radar Contact is much more realistic in that respect, IMO...

Russ

Care to tell us what Phraseology is not accurate, and of course I guess we are talking about the latest version of PF3? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Well, I just looked at a few more videos and it's not as bad as I originally thought. I think I was thrown off by the European terminology, as I am in the US and am used to FAA terminology. One thing that I will say that RC has over PF3 is that the voices seem smoother than the ones in PF3. PF3 seems much more clipped than RC. It is very obvious that they are putting individual clips together. RC uses the same method, but they seem to have done it better. Again, JMHO, of course.

Russ

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Formerly Young (😩)

59 minutes ago, b1bmsgt said:

Well, I just looked at a few more videos and it's not as bad as I originally thought. I think I was thrown off by the European terminology, as I am in the US and am used to FAA terminology. One thing that I will say that RC has over PF3 is that the voices seem smoother than the ones in PF3. PF3 seems much more clipped than RC. It is very obvious that they are putting individual clips together. RC uses the same method, but they seem to have done it better. Again, JMHO, of course.

Russ

I used RC when it first came out for a couple of years. PF3 is a giant step forward. I could never go back to RC.

19 hours ago, b1bmsgt said:

Russ--If you're not using Nick Schreger's (aka "Meatwater") enhancements for the voices in RC4, I highly recommend them.  He went in and reworked the voice files so that they sound much more fluid/natural when concatenated into a stream.  There's a pinned post in the Radar Contact forum here if you're interested.

PF3 does some things that annoy me intensely, like when checking in to a new controller, it'll say the callsign, then pause for an inordinately long time, like 3-4 seconds, then finish the check-in call.  If you're used to the normal comm flow in a real Center, that's a buzzkill.

Cheers

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I’m a PF3 guy after months of trying to understand its quirks but maybe I’ll try radar contact again. 

Well, OK, I decided what the heck and bought PF3. Took it on a few flights this afternoon with full Copilot, and I like it! I still think the phraseology could be a little better, but overall it's pretty good. I really like the fact that it changes things up a little now and then. For instance, I was assigned a runway into KMVY, and then it was changed partway through the approach. Never saw that in RC. I also like the controller asking for speed reductions. RC did this a little bit, but it was entirely random. PF3 steadily brings the speed down in a logical manner depending on where you are in the approach. Not bad. One thing I didn't miss from RC was "Start down now please. I need you level in 30 miles or less." I always found that a tad annoying.

I will say that the voices in RC are done a bit more smoothly, but I'm getting used to it. Haven't tried SIDs and STARs yet...

Russ

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Formerly Young (😩)

3 hours ago, w6kd said:

-If you're not using Nick Schreger's (aka "Meatwater") enhancements for the voices in RC4, I highly recommend them.

I do use them, as a matter of fact. They were a very big improvement!

3 hours ago, w6kd said:

PF3 does some things that annoy me intensely, like when checking in to a new controller, it'll say the callsign, then pause for an inordinately long time, like 3-4 seconds, then finish the check-in call.  If you're used to the normal comm flow in a real Center, that's a buzzkill.

Yeah, I noticed that today a couple of times. Definitely annoying...

Russ

Former T-33A Crew Chief

Formerly Young (😩)

Does Pro ATC-X interact with AI traffic? In other words, will you hear ATC talking to the traffic around you?

NAX669.png

21 minutes ago, mwilk said:

Does Pro ATC-X interact with AI traffic? In other words, will you hear ATC talking to the traffic around you?

Yeah it does. But it doesn't control them other than telling them to hold position if they taxi too close to you.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, itsjase said:

Yeah it does. But it doesn't control them other than telling them to hold position if they taxi too close to you.

So you mean won’t give the ai traffic any instructions about other things than telling them to hold short? That must be a silent frequency...