Sign in to follow this  
Guest georg

Cessna 152 descend with full flaps

Guest malarcon

Hi all,I was just flying the FLight1 version and I noticed it descends quite steep so I was curious:How fast is the descand on an average 152 with full flaps and no thottle? I haven't flown a real life Cessna in a while and when I did it was a 172 and I can't recall any figures, but it seams to me it was between 700 and 900 fpm depending on airspeed.Would appreciate any answer.

Guest jrewing

Seems in the ballpark to me, assuming your airspeed is is the 60 to 65 knot range.

Guest malarcon

Yep, thats what I thought, but the Flight1 152 falls like a brick 1300-1500fpm. I checked yesterday and it seems to be some change they made in their 3.2 update. I'd post in their forum, but last time I asked if an RPM drop was intentional with the new update they were rather unimpressed and their answer was that it's this one specific plane they are modeling (that aparently has been lined with lead since the last time they worked on it in V3.0) I got the idea they don't want to be bugged with that old thing anymore anyway. Pity I love their job and for me it's been one of the best bang for the buck payware.

Guest LahaskaFlyer

hi, i recall that with full flaps the descent is just about the stall speed. jack wilson

Guest capntom

It's been about 32 years since I have flown a 150 IRL, but they are capable of a quite steep descent angle with their very large (for the size plane) flaps. Throttle off and with the nose pointed at the ground and speed near the flap limit, I am sure an impressive figure could be obtained. A bit lacking on horsepower, but a light and delightfull plane, best flown with a light touch of a couple of fingers most of the time. In the Aerobat version, capable of basic manuvers, rolls, loops, spins, hamerheads etc.

Guest malarcon

Thanks for all the replies.The 150 aerobat: Thats a plane I'd love to have a good FS model of. I heared it's a good aerobatic trainer as it acustoms you to propper handling 'cause the engine is definitely not gonna get you out of any trouble (as it is with any modern aerobatic plane with 300 horses).

Guest georg

The Flight1 152 at least in my system behaves nothing like a real 152. Firstly its controls are super lazy (PMDG 747 is much faster) and I am unable to fly it because of that purpose. In real the plane is very sensitive to controls and it immediately acts after a control input.