Sign in to follow this  
jt8d9a

Which ai traffic program do you use?

Which ai traffic program do you use?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which ai traffic program do you use?

• WT3
    • xlife
    • LiveTraffic
    • none

20 minutes ago, airernie said:

Currently using it with FSX.  Not likely to rush and add it to my copy of X-Plane.  Not sure what JF is thinking..  Perhaps they need the cash infusion from another early release.

Still tons of unresolved issues, empty airports, missing airlines, etc.  No military traffic at this point, minimal GA.

The two products share their databases and aircraft models but are being developed by two entirely different teams. Traffic Global for FSX/P3D continues to be developed and regularly updated by its development team, including adding of new airlines and schedules (f you haven't already done so, I'd suggest visiting the early-access forum). Any issues with how FSX/P3D handles the traffic database (e.g. empty airports) will not automatically apply to the XP11 version. The product is currently focused on airline schedules but GA and military are being considered for future upgrades.

This is not an early-access product and we require no cash infusion, but thanks for the concern. This is one of eight products that we currently have in development with a variety of separate teams.

Edited by Martyn JF
  • Like 2

Martyn - Just Flight

w/o decent ATC in XP11 there is a "cart before the horse" dilemma when it comes to adding AI traffic. :wacko:

Until there is decent XP11 ATC I wont even invest in freeware (HD space) from any category toward XP11. 

Nice to see JF extending more add-ons to XP11 not just aircraft (best GAs BTW).

• Like 1

Alexander Colka

1 hour ago, Martyn JF said:

f you haven't already done so, I'd suggest visiting the early-access forum)

Thanks for the response.

Recently purchased TG and have been on the forum since then.  Sadly, I am not the only one on the forum that feels the way I do about the current state of TG.

I could start by lack of schedules, no regional airways, outdated aircraft (the 717, really?), etc.  I do have hopes for the product, but IMHO, as a user, it still needs a lot of work before it reaches v1.   Fortunately, JF is blessed with having a competitor that isn't doing much better.

That is why I remain skeptical of the X-Plane version.  I really do hope that I'm proven wrong. 

Ernie

Ernest Pergrem

Ernie, thanks for posting your honest opinion!

I wasn´t aware of AutoATC. Please write in the comments  if you use it. It seems to be, like X-Life, with a free and a paid version.

16 hours ago, airernie said:

Thanks for the response.

Recently purchased TG and have been on the forum since then.  Sadly, I am not the only one on the forum that feels the way I do about the current state of TG.

I could start by lack of schedules, no regional airways, outdated aircraft (the 717, really?), etc.  I do have hopes for the product, but IMHO, as a user, it still needs a lot of work before it reaches v1.   Fortunately, JF is blessed with having a competitor that isn't doing much better.

That is why I remain skeptical of the X-Plane version.  I really do hope that I'm proven wrong. 

Ernie

Hi Ernie,

We appreciate the feedback and as mentioned above our Traffic Global FSX/P3D dev team continue to work on the product with the intention of leaving early-access prior to completion of the XP11 version (and will continue to update you on progress in the forum). There's no overlap in those two teams so our work on the XP11 version has no impact on the FSX/P3D version, and issues with one won't translate to issues with the other as both simulators have their own technical challenges/limitations for us to tackle.

Thanks
Martyn - Just Flight

Edited by Martyn JF

Martyn - Just Flight

7 hours ago, jt8d9a said:

I wasn´t aware of AutoATC. Please write in the comments  if you use it. It seems to be, like X-Life, with a free and a paid version.

AFAIK, visible traffic only comes in the payware version and there's no GA yet. Which is ironic, because the ATC part of the tool can't do IFR yet. Traffic data is injected from a central server or something along those lines, but not fetched from ADS-B data. The ATC part works entirely and exclusively by speech recognition in the phone app and requires an Android phone. The required phraseology is according to real ATC training documentation.

• Like 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Many thanks, Bjoern! I had no clue but it sounds too complicated for me. I will return to WT3 and follow the development of TG.. hopefully not just another unfinished product with lots of unfulfilled promises (like XEnviro).