Sign in to follow this  
jagabom

Ralph Tofflemire

I had to think long and hard to recall Ralph. Condolences to his friends and remaining family. May he rest in peace.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

RFP 747 was one of the classics of the early days of MSFS.  Ralph's work was excellent and ranked up there with PIC 767. Ralph of gracious as well, allowing RFP 747 to pass over to freeware and still available here on AVSIM. 

Condolences and thoughts to his family and friends.

Richard Boll

• Upvote 1

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

I loved Ready For Pushback.
Thank you, Ralph. And good-bye!

Very sad news.

Spent many years working on the RFP test team and it was always a pleasure to work for Ralph.

A dedicated man to the Flightsim community and the King of the "Queen of the Skies".

Condolences to his family , his friends and those that had the pleasure of getting to know him through the RFP team .

Edited by Chris Boyce

I5 13600KF 5.1GHz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 12G| | MSI Z690 Tomahawk DDR4 WiFi MB | M.2 NVMe SSD"s 2X1TB/2X2TB / HDD's 3X4TB and 1X8TB | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 64 Pro 

My condolences to Mr. Ralph and his family. His Md-83 panel was amazing. Great person and did not mind helping at all.

ws5xzd-6.png
Johnny Green

CFII/SMEL
SF340B+

Very, very sad news...

I was working with him on many projects, and it was always a great pleasure for me to work with him. He was a great person and a good friend of mine.

My deepest Condolences and my thoughts to his family and friends.

Chris Koegler

Condolences to Ralph's family as they mourn his passing, may his eternal soul rest in peace.

I admired Ralph's work especially for his development the Dash 8 panel for FS98 which had a good representation of the autopilot system.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Agreed, RFP was a great addon. One of my first purchases I believe.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Thank you for all of your work.

RALF747 cleared to the stars, frequency change approved.

Ralph was a giant in his day.  747 Ready for Pushback was one of the first real study sims for MSFS, and it remained popular long after it was out of date.  Ralph was also deeply involved with Globe Cargo VA, which originally was built exclusively around 747RFP, but later expanded to other study sims as well.  His work touched many people.

Andrew Jones

Sad to read of his passing. 

I remember spending hours flying the AETI 742 classic almost 20 years ago, then the follow up RFP.

Lost Eric Ernst just recently and now Ralph, two pioneers in tubeliner desktop sim.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Sad to read this . . . also my condolences to his family and friends!

As an end user i think, he and the RFP team have set very early high standards in the world of flight simulations with the "Ready for Pushback 747"!

Many thanks for all your work!

I visited Ralph at his home one time about 15 years ago and he introduced me to his 747. Great guy. We exchanged emails for awhile. For some reason I have thought of him over the last couple years. Sorry to hear he has passed on.