Sign in to follow this  
Billkhaled

Help! How do you start the engines on the IndiaFoxtEcho Typhoon

I have spent hours flicking through manuals and videos but don’t understand? According to the manual by IFT the engine start switch is the switch next to the APU button but in my case that is the APU start switch, however the APU should be started by clicking on the button itself. When I click on the button it flicks the “Engine start switch” forward. In my cockpit the switch is also labelled as the APU start switch so if that’s the APU start switch I don’t know where the engine start switch is?

See second page of manual, List of Changes 2018-03-31, towards the middle:

"- Engine starters are now linked to throttle position like in reality (advancing the
throttle will cause the relevant starter to engage if the engine is off)"

Hope that helps -Bob

1 hour ago, BBCM said:

See second page of manual, List of Changes 2018-03-31, towards the middle:

"- Engine starters are now linked to throttle position like in reality (advancing the
throttle will cause the relevant starter to engage if the engine is off)"

Hope that helps -Bob

Hi, 

thank you very very much for your help with an ongoing issue I have been having. Could you maybe explain the engine start procedure as, as far as I am aware it is not explained in the manual? 

Apart from that thank you very much. 

Very simple, parking brake on, left and right engine fuel switches on, battery switch on, avionics master switch on (the plane usually loads with these on anyway), advance the throttle a bit, about 2% or so, and wait a second or two for the engines to spool up.

That's all. The APU switch (engine starter switch in the manual) doesn't seem needed to start with this newer version .

-Bob

5 hours ago, BBCM said:

Very simple, parking brake on, left and right engine fuel switches on, battery switch on, avionics master switch on (the plane usually loads with these on anyway), advance the throttle a bit, about 2% or so, and wait a second or two for the engines to spool up.

That's all. The APU switch (engine starter switch in the manual) doesn't seem needed to start with this newer version .

-Bob

Thanks a lot! Would never have found this on my own aha. 😁