Sign in to follow this  
Sims Smith

Finally another traffic plugin "Traffic Global"

Just Flight announced Traffic Global for X-Plane. 

https://www.justflight.com/product/traffic-global-xplane

traffic-global-xplane_1_ss_l_19032813162

In summary:

• Professionally designed AI models
  • Fully animated models with lighting and effects
  • Not limited to 20 visible aircraft
  • Works with multiplayer
  • Aware of the player's aircraft
  • Custom radar window
  • Customisable routes
  • Single, simple installer; no other downloads or manual configuration

Traffic Global for X-Plane is due for release in 2019 and pricing is likely to be similar to the P3D/FSX version.

Soon in X-Plane we will have a health competition.

Payware

• X-Life
  • World Traffic 3
  • Traffic Global

Freeware

• Live Traffic
  • Auto ATC

• Like 2

System Spec 1: Nvidia RTX 4090,  AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D, Res 5120x1440, HP Reverb G2
System Spec 2: AMD Radeon RX 7900XT, Intel I-9 9990K, Res 3840x1080, HP Reverb G2

Interesting...  

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

If it's more plug and play and easier to buy, install and just "use" - count me in.

I'm getting older and I'm tired of screwing around with some of this stuff, which is one reason I'm excited to see OrbX and the TrueEarth stuff.

I want to spend my time flying, not installing and tinkering so much anymore.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

The TrafficGlobal for P3D/FSX from Just Flight which has been sold since May of 2018 as "early release" is still a complete mess. They now have the audacity to release the same nonsense for XPlane?   BUYER BEWARE. Don't get suckered in.  The forum to early release is closed unless you buy first. Wonder why?

Edited by Psybear

As a fire and forget solution for P3D I've found it to be a perfectly reasonable solution for filling airfields and skies.

Edited by mcjohns

This sounds great. I have WT3 which is okay but I am really tired of all the manual configuration. It kind of takes the good out of it and breaks the immersion to have to reload AI traffic etc. at certain moments or generate ground routes etc. I hope as well that the AI aircraft in this new package will behave better than those in WT3 like not getting stuck on the runway or overlapping each other.

On 4/4/2019 at 6:09 AM, Psybear said:

The TrafficGlobal for P3D/FSX from Just Flight which has been sold since May of 2018 as "early release" is still a complete mess. They now have the audacity to release the same nonsense for XPlane?   BUYER BEWARE. Don't get suckered in.  The forum to early release is closed unless you buy first. Wonder why?

Thanks for the feedback Clayton. The early-access forum is only accessible to owners of the software as the purpose of that process is to allow owners to provide their feedback directly to the development team and engage in the development of the product, but you're of course welcome to provide feedback on our public forum too. We've still got plenty of fixes/upgrades to add as part of the early-access process, ahead of it reaching v1.0 later this year, but the FSX/P3D and XP11 versions of the product are separate developments by different teams, as per below.

Here are a couple of my replies on the other thread:

The two products share their databases and aircraft models but are being developed by two entirely different teams. Traffic Global for FSX/P3D continues to be developed and regularly updated by its development team, including adding of new airlines and schedules (f you haven't already done so, I'd suggest visiting the early-access forum). Any issues with how FSX/P3D handles the traffic database (e.g. empty airports) will not automatically apply to the XP11 version. The product is currently focused on airline schedules but GA and military are being considered for future upgrades.

This is not an early-access product and we require no cash infusion, but thanks for the concern. This is one of eight products that we currently have in development with a variety of separate teams.

We appreciate the feedback and as mentioned above our Traffic Global FSX/P3D dev team continue to work on the product with the intention of leaving early-access prior to completion of the XP11 version (and will continue to update you on progress in the forum). There's no overlap in those two teams so our work on the XP11 version has no impact on the FSX/P3D version, and issues with one won't translate to issues with the other as both simulators have their own technical challenges/limitations for us to tackle.

Edited by Martyn JF
  • Like 3

Martyn - Just Flight

Looks interesting Martyn.  Hopefully Traffic Global for XP will have an automated system for creating ground/taxi routes.  Now if JF could just talk Slopey into creating an Air Hauler 2 for XP I would be one very happy camper! 

Edited by northtexas
  • Upvote 2

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 546.65, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other games, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

Have not been running ai aircraft apart from the ones' already in X-Plane 11 as did not want to spend time messing about with manual configurations, just don't have the patience and have been waiting for something like this from Just Flight, will certainly be on the 'must have' list when it is released.

Regards

Nigel.

• Upvote 1

Odd but when I install section Iowa or other and load the situation (night) a warning comes up and states that there are missing scenery files and when I select Continue Anyway I get water.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

On 4/5/2019 at 6:45 AM, Martyn JF said:

The early-access forum is only accessible to owners of the software as the purpose of that process is to allow owners to provide their feedback directly to the development team and engage in the development of the product,

If only that were true. Facts are, updates are slow in coming and many things have still not been fixed that have been reported since the beginning. Liveries, messed up wings spans in cfg files, logos reversed or missing in the paints, AI sitting at the gates and never moving, sloppy errors as noted by many of us on the forum, oh, and the developer actually disappeared for 3 months with no feedback or communication for him or JF. The process is very disorganized since we never know what is allegedly being worked on so many duplicate reports confuse things even more. Really, Martyn, maybe if any of you ever visited the forum you might understand the frustration and exasperation that your customers have with such a chaotic and happenstance development schedule.

On 4/6/2019 at 4:44 PM, northtexas said:

Looks interesting Martyn.  Hopefully Traffic Global for XP will have an automated system for creating ground/taxi routes.  Now if JF could just talk Slopey into creating an Air Hauler 2 for XP I would be one very happy camper! 

We're trying our best and would love to see Air Hauler in X-Plane!

• Like 2

Martyn - Just Flight

day 1 buy, finally a professional dev releasing a professional traffic addon for xp11.....i have X-Life and WT3 and hate them with a passion😂👎

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This is disappointing and a likely non-starter for me (from their FAQs):

Will you be adding GA and/or military traffic? If so, will it be randomly generated or customisable?

A: This is under investigation but is something that we would like to include. Scheduled GA or military flights could be added as standard routes in a custom traffic database. Pseudo-random flights are on our “nice-to-have” wish list; if there’s time before release they’ll be added. These will depend on the same core systems as scheduled flights, so the core systems have to be finished and working first.