Sign in to follow this  
Sims Smith

Finally another traffic plugin "Traffic Global"

Even if those don't make it into the initial release (our focus must remain on scheduled airline flights as the core product) then we are likely to add them later on.

Martyn - Just Flight

• Like 1

Martyn - Just Flight

It is sad that developers seem to think that airline traffic is needed more than GA traffic to make a good traffic addon. As a real world GA pilot, I am very disappointed to hear that this addon will not have GA traffic right from the beginning.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, monica6211 said:

It is sad that developers seem to think that airline traffic is needed more than GA traffic to make a good traffic addon. As a real world GA pilot, I am very disappointed to hear that this addon will not have GA traffic right from the beginning.

Amen to that. The personal irony is I was an airline type in the real world for 30 years but prefer GA in sim world. 

I'm also bummed about no GA traffic.

I don't need it to match up to very much related to the real world, but so so so many airports only really have GA activity in real life and not including that in the plan is a gaping hole in the product for me.

Quite simply there is more market demand and interest in airline traffic, hence the focus on that. We've been developing our Traffic series for 15+ years so have plenty of experience in this area and fully appreciate the interest in both GA and military. Past versions of Traffic have included GA and military, typically added after the initial release, and that is our intention with Traffic Global too so we can focus on getting the core airline functionality right first.

------

We are currently looking for some new testers to join our Traffic Global (for XP11) testing team, specifically those with significant experience using existing AI traffic products for XP11 and an understanding of the XP11 AI system. If that sounds like you then please send me a message!

Martyn - Just Flight

• Like 1

Martyn - Just Flight

It might help to define "significant experience using existing AI traffic products" and "understanding of the XP11 AI system". The former could be anything from using World Traffic since version 1 to contributing to traffic database updates or ground routes and the latter could be anything from complaining that default AI traffic drags down frame rate to injecting and manipulating AI objects to provide wingman functionality.

Edited by Bjoern

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Cant speak for X-plane but with the amazing (and free) AIG AI Manager for P3D I really see no need for a payware like Traffic Global and especially given its fairly poor quality. I purchased and asked for a refund and never looked back.

13 hours ago, mikced76 said:

Cant speak for X-plane but with the amazing (and free) AIG AI Manager for P3D I really see no need for a payware like Traffic Global and especially given its fairly poor quality. I purchased and asked for a refund and never looked back.

I am totally looking forward to a product like Traffic Global for X-Plane. 

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Possibly me too. Depends if it's the full product or early access. There is a long list of disappointments with early access in flightsim, some or which are still in early access years later.

Ahh the days (years) with AI traffic issues... we'll all remember them fondly, soon, when this will finally be resolved. I don't think this will still be problematic at the end of this year. Either WT3, this one here, or something else. Traffic will come.

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

So if I have a custom airport that when I click on the airport selector there are no taxiways mapped out on there, will it still work with traffic global? I have a couple of airports like this which I can find to take a screenshot of later.

8 hours ago, Midds said:

So if I have a custom airport that when I click on the airport selector there are no taxiways mapped out on there, will it still work with traffic global? I have a couple of airports like this which I can find to take a screenshot of later.

I think those will have to be fixed with World Editor.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days