Sign in to follow this  
wildtomcat

Flight1 Cessna Citation Mustang 20% off

How well has this aged?  

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

It has aged very well, especially if you download the High Sierra livery from the Flight1 page. It also adds nice interior textures to this livery. One of my all time favorites.

• Upvote 1

Picked this one up yesterday in the sale - very impressive it is too!

Bill

Great systems depth  using navigraph and brilliant shortfield performance so can get her into most ORBX fields easy. A tip to improve FPS is to disable the co pilots avionics. The way to do it is in F1 forums somewhere.

At this price its cheaper than Carenado ..a no brainer

Edited by zmak
  • Upvote 1

ZORAN

It's comprehensive, but I would not say it has aged well. It's over five years old, and the performance is still pretty bad on P3dv4. I don't understand why F1 is not able to be more efficient with their coding to give us decent frame rates (and I'm only talking 30 at a minimum---not too much to ask after all these years). It's the same problem with the King Air. I think the G1000 is just too resource heavy. If there were away to get the Vertx G1000 in the F1 birds, OMG that would be sweet. I don't know how Vertx coded theirs, but it is so much faster and less resource heavy than F1's, and their Da62 is brand new.

Sorry, don't mean to sound like I'm dogging F1, I just think it's fair to point out that performance is still not great with this older addon after all this time. Of course, your mileage may vary. 🙂 

• Upvote 1

"Sorry, don't mean to sound like I'm dogging F1"

Well You are and you know it and its very uncool. Especially your discussing of turbo props??? Your in the bargain shack its not the place for it

Edited by zmak

ZORAN

1 hour ago, rightseat said:

...I just think it's fair to point out that performance is still not great with this older addon after all this time. Of course, your mileage may vary. 🙂 

Thanks for your perspective!

Greg

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, zmak said:

"Sorry, don't mean to sound like I'm dogging F1"

Well You are and you know it and its very uncool. Especially your discussing of turbo props??? Your in the bargain shack its not the place for it

A poster asked if it had aged well. I don't think it has. I'm sorry if my view is contrary to yours, and it hurts your feelings, but it was in response to a question above. Further, the G1000 is the exact same avionics that bring the King Air's fps down as well, so my talk of turboprops is very apropos. This is the very type of information I would like to see when I ask other owners about a product before I buy it.  Be well. 🙂

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lownslo said:

Thanks for your perspective!

Greg

You're welcome, hope it helps! 🙂