Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

LSGG by FSDT or by RFScenery?

Hi,

I bought LSGG Geneva for FSX by FSDT many years ago.

I'm now on P3DV4.4

If I download a new installer from FSDT, will it work correctly? Any known issues? The LSGG FSDT forum is pretty dead.

Or should I go RFSCENERYBUILDING - LSGG GENEVA?

Edited by Simicro

- TONY -

I've been considering the RFScenery Building LSGG, it looks to be very nice, and it's currently on sale at Simmarket for 14.80 Euro (about $17 USD). It got great reviews also.

I would be curious to hear other comments about this scenery before I pull the trigger...

Because of its location its one of my favourite airport. FSDT version works fine in 4.4 but it does show its age. The RF version looks poor all the red lines look like there were done fresh on the day you fly looks odd. There is a new version coming out released though Aerosoft when no idea. But The FSDT one is the one I use. It's fine but it's not going to blow you away but the location flying in and out will.

Do we need a new version, we sure so.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

11 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

FSDT version works fine in 4.4 but it does show its age .The FSDT one is the one I use. It's fine but it's not going to blow you away but the location flying in and out will.

Many thanks for your feedback David, much appreciated.

In my FSX days, I enjoyed FSDT LSGG. I have classic and maybe vintage taste so if it works fine in 4.4, I'm with you.

- TONY -

I too am running FSDT's version fine in 4.4 and as David noted, it's showing its age but, I still enjoy flying in and out of there.

Cheers

• Like 1

Stu Bevis

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg PC: i5 8600K @ 5.0GHz, Asus Maximus X Hero, Corsair 16GB @ 3200MHz, EVGA GTX970SC

Just noticed... The RFScenery doesn't have animated jetway's. That's a deal breaker for me.

I'm going to pass on the FSDT and just wait for the Aerosoft version.

2 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

The RFScenery doesn't have animated jetway's.

It will if you are a GSX2 user. There is a free modification available in this pack: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,19008.0.html

It is also worth noting that FSDT is generally limited to the airport perimeter fence, while the RFSB version nicely covers quite a large area around the airport which adds a lot of immersion on approach and departure.
Looking at the airport buildings modelling and textures however, I agree the RFSB version doesn't look good.

10 hours ago, SunDevil56 said:

I've been considering the RFScenery Building LSGG, it looks to be very nice, and it's currently on sale at Simmarket for 14.80 Euro (about $17 USD). It got great reviews also.

I would be curious to hear other comments about this scenery before I pull the trigger...

It appears that Aerosoft (or some affiliate designer) will be releasing Geneva for P3Dv4 -- in PMDG parlance -- Soon tm   😄  

There are some screenshots on their FB page, and info in their preview forum.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

I only own and use the RF scenery version.  I'm sure the upcoming aerosoft version and the fsdt version have better building modelling.  I don't personally care at all if the Jetways move, but that seems a minority opinion now.  One thing the RF sceneries do a very good job of, is blending the terrain around the airport into the ORBX/FTX global textures, and as mentioned above, they do not generally just stop at the airport fence.  

As for whether you select the RF scenery version or the others is up to you, the fsdt airports all work in p3dv4.  I do own and love all of the rf sceneries airports though, and they do lots of airports that nobody else would touch, well worth a look even if you go elsewhere for LSGG.  Not Fly Tampa or Flightbeam level, of course, and if you have to have moving jetways they don't have them, but still some very good stuff available for not a large outlay of cash.

• Like 1

I downloaded the latest FSDT installer for LSGG from their website. Sadly, unlike in the days of FSX, I was forced to install SODE or something while I don't care jetways. And as a result P3D starts much slower, an so are the menus... So I ended uninstalling FSDT LSSG.

Regarding RF Scenery I dont like the textures.

I still have the FSDT installer for FSX in case someone has a trick to use it in P3D v4.4 for me.

Otherwise my hope is:

On 4/5/2019 at 6:13 AM, ShawnG said:

the upcoming aerosoft version and the fsdt version have better building modelling.

https://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/138226-geneva-professional-preview/

How about FSDT? They don't communicate much.

Edited by Simicro

- TONY -