Sign in to follow this  
reecemj

RXP switch assigned

In fsuipc can a button be assigned to toggle popup on screen and off? 

Edited by reecemj

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV

1 hour ago, reecemj said:

What do you mean by button?  Yoke button? Or other device?  I assign a key combination in appropriate [window ##] section of the panel.cfg file, using the popup keys from within the range of shift-1 through shift-8.  I then assign that key combination to a yoke button.

The RXP products also allow you in most aircraft to configure the gauge as a large mouse clickspot.  I pop mine up or close the popup with a mouse right-click.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hi,

You may show/hide any panel [WINDOW#] using the SHIFT+# (0 to 9) shortcut. This is a standard FltSim feature since at least FS9. Each of these also have a FltSim command you can 'trigger'. It is all documented clearly in the SDK:

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv4/sdk/references/variables/event_ids.html#View System IDs

You may also show/hide any RXP popup window using the RXP command described in the User's Manual (TOGGLE_WINDOW). In this case just assign a key combo to this command and generate the same key combo from any button using FSUIPC.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Thanks. Will try these out.

Maurice J

22 hours ago, fppilot said:

The RXP products also allow you in most aircraft to configure the gauge as a large mouse clickspot.  I pop mine up or close the popup with a mouse right-click

Frank How do I do this. In my duke it works but my Mu-2 it don't. I have search the .ini and copied the duke ini to the mu-2 rxp.ini file. I need instruction please. Thanks.

Maurice J

Maurice,
Sending you a PM here via Avsim.
-Frank

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On 4/4/2019 at 5:51 AM, reecemj said:

The answer to this question is YES because under the FSUIPC Buttons+Switches tab you can assign a key combination (e.g., Shift + #) to be sent based on a button push.

Al

Edited by ark
  • Like 1

Al check the realityxp.ini in the document folder. There’s a lot of key assignments you can do. 

• Like 1

Maurice J

47 minutes ago, reecemj said:

Al check the realityxp.ini in the document folder. There’s a lot of key assignments you can do. 

Hi Maurice,

I'm not sure if you understood my post above.  In response to your original question, my point was that you can in fact use a button or switch to pop up the RXP GTN750 2D window by using FSUIPC's  Buttons+Switches tab to send the appropriate key code in response to the button or switch activation.  A common key code to do this with many aircraft is the combination of the Shift key and a number key, e.g., Shift+3, etc. So, for example, by pushing a button on your yoke you can pop up the GTN750  window.

I am aware of the many RXP keyboard shortcuts  -- thanks.

Al 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/8/2019 at 2:51 PM, ark said:

Hi Maurice,

I'm not sure if you understood my post above.  In response to your original question, my point was that you can in fact use a button or switch to pop up the RXP GTN750 2D window by using FSUIPC's  Buttons+Switches tab to send the appropriate key code in response to the button or switch activation.  A common key code to do this with many aircraft is the combination of the Shift key and a number key, e.g., Shift+3, etc. So, for example, by pushing a button on your yoke you can pop up the GTN750  window.

I am aware of the many RXP keyboard shortcuts  -- thanks.

Al 

Just program Fsuipc to popup rxp. Thanks again.

• Like 1

Maurice J

51 minutes ago, reecemj said:

Just program Fsuipc to popup rxp. Thanks again.

Good -- glad you got it working they way you needed.

Al

Edited by ark