Sign in to follow this  
HeartAviation

Best Settings for Prepare3d with my specs/Help!

Hello, I would like some assistance!

System Specs

I7700k 4,2GHZ 

16GB ram 

1060 3GB 

1080p 144 hertz monitor 

Add-ons 

FTX global 

Ultimate Terrain Europe 

Active sky 

Rex sky force 

A321/A320 proffs Aerosoft version 

Graphics card is a bit light for P3D. The rest looks fine in terms of hardware.

Maybe you could tell us more about what your particular issue is? Stuttering, blurry textures etc. It's hard to give advice unless we know what you are trying to achieve. There's a settings guide on avsim. It's a good read.

1 hour ago, HeartAviation said:

Thanks! expect the information is outdated and no longer downloadable

It looks like this was the guide from Rob A. Unfortunately, he left AVSIM and it seems that "his" guide left with him.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Any suggestions cuz like the first person said I need something to go after and that is an acceptable fps but the game still looks good. after a long time in the sim, I crash or get unacceptable fps around 17-25FPS

6 minutes ago, HeartAviation said:

Any suggestions cuz like the first person said I need something to go after and that is an acceptable fps but the game still looks good. after a long time in the sim, I crash or get unacceptable fps around 17-25FPS

I would not say that 17-25 fps is unacceptable. It is all about smoothness imo. As already stated, with your VC you cannot expect miracles at demanding scenery and/or with high-end a/c. And, depending on weather conditions, HiFi AS/REX SF3D can be a resource hog too.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Yes I know but I got very low settings on those, for example, rex sky force uses the lowest setting now i just need advice how to put the prepare3d settings for my system

Can you run a different refresh rate, or are you stuck at 144hz?

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Go to simmershome.de and use his P3Dv4 settings as a start, they should be a good match to your rig. If you then think you should improve visuals, you can ask again here. Or if you think that FPS are to low as well. Or use another of the zillion guides regarding settings in P3D on the net (including YT Videos...).

You can not expect that somebody comes here and tells you precisely what settings you have to use. Some own initiative is still needed... Besides that, it is a known fact that P3D reacts slightly different on each computer, means: if somebody has good results with a certain combination of settings, it is not automatically the same for your computer...

Here we go: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Prepar3d+v4.4+settings

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS