Sign in to follow this  
mypupdaisy

Screen will not turn on

I just purchased this product and I'm having this same problem. I have the Carenado C310R and the GTN 750 has replaced the 530, but the screen does not come on. Any ideas?

@mypupdaisy Hi, this is an old discussion and we're at v2.5.15 now, with v2.5.16 around the corner.

Can you please post the content of the RXP log files like the OP? (see User's Manual for file/path)

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I need to give a better account of what happened. I purchased the Corenado C310R, then the RXP GTN 750. Installed the C310R first, then the GTN 750 with trainers. All went fine. I started the Garmin standalone trainer just to see how it works. The 750 started and worked ok at that point. I closed the trainer, then opened FSX with the C310R. I had "not" ran the F1GTN750C310R.exe. I completely missed that step. Once in the C310R, I simply opened the addon menu and told it to change the 530 to the 750. It initially changed the gauges and worked. I was able to see the 750 in place of the 530. Leaving FSX running in the background, I alt-tabbed out of FSX and opened Little Navmap, exported a flight plan to RXP Garmin GTN format and placed the file into the C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\GTN\FPLN directory. Then alt-tabbed back to FSX, clicked on Flight Plan in the 750, then clicked Menu, Catalog, then Menu. Here it was supposed to have a Import option in the 750 but there wasn't. So I exited out of FSX, then got back in to see if it showed up. This is where the problems started. I could never get the 750 to turn back on. It shows up, but blank screen.

So I exited FSX and started the stand alone Garmin Aviation Trainer. When I power up the 750, there is nothing on the screen.... thus the reason there is nothing on the screen in the 750 within FSX. I've uninstalled the 750 and reinstalled several times and the standalone trainer still opens with a black screen and never powers up.

I did find that I was supposed to run the F1GTN750C310R.exe and did so, but this made no difference because if the stand alone trainer isn't working, then I'm guessing it isn't going to work in FSX.

rxpGTN.gau.log

19/04/04 07:13:39.641 09348 -    ] # rxpGTN.DLL version 2.5.15.0
19/04/04 07:13:39.641 09348 INFO ]

rxpGTN_menu.dll.log

19/04/04 06:58:10.670 10900 -    ] # rxpGTN_menu.dll version 2.5.15.0
19/04/04 06:58:10.802 10900 INFO ] edit panel: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Alabeo C310_R\panel\panel.cfg

rxpGtnSim.dll.log

19/04/04 07:13:40.115 09348 -    ] # rxpGtnSim32.dll version 2.5.15.0
19/04/04 07:13:40.114 09348 INFO ]
19/04/04 07:13:42.606 11232 INFO ]

Garmin Trainer Image

47482987312_2870dc615b_h.jpg

Edited by mypupdaisy

I HAVE SUCCESS! YAY!

Here's what I did. Uninstalled Garmin Trainer. Uninstalled RFX GTN 750. Deleted the directories below. Reinstalled RXP GTN 750 and let it re-install Garmin Trainer. Then ran F1GTN750C310R.exe and opened FSX, loaded C310R. At this point it still did not show the 750. I then ran the add-on wizard and told it to replace the gauges with the 750. The 750 started and worked but it was inside the 530. Ran the add-on again and told it to restore the 530. Exited FSX. Ran F1GTN750C310R.exe again and opened FSX, loaded C310R. This time it had the correct bezel. I ran the add-on wizard and BOOM, it loaded up correctly and is currently working.

Now I need to figure out how to go about getting Little Navmap GFP flight plan files imported into the 750 so they show up under Flight Plan>Catalog.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin
C:\ProgramData\Garmin
C:\Program Files (x86)\Reality XP

47483198392_842fc8d826_b.jpg

Edited by RXP

I'm glad you've got it sorted out although I'm a bit lost in the series of actions taken.

It would have been easier should you've posted your question in the correct forum first! (FltSim instead of XPlane)

You screenshot shows you might want to further read this discussion in order to adjust the brightness in the VC:

As for the FPLN, please make sure to read the User's Manual p9, it is all detailed there.

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Little navmap exports its flightplans into an incorrect directory for RXP.

The author is aware, but has not fixed it.

A workaround is a link from C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\GTN\FPLN

to C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases\FPLN

• Like 1

Bert

Thank you Bert for this information. I'll follow up with the developer for suggestions with this.

Otherwise I'd suggest our customers to use the 'Shortcut' method described in the RXP User's Manual and store all flight plans in a folder in "My Documents". From there,  you can add any other shortcut to this known location which won't change over time.

I just exported my flight plan to C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases\FPLN and it worked just fine. Thanks everyone!

• Like 1