Sign in to follow this  
Pete Dowson

Anyone know of a decent Dublin for P3D4?

My standard practice and test flights were always Manchester to Dublin and back. Nice and short, but enough to prove any changes I've made in the sim or my cockpit, and generally enjoyable, especially for the views to the left over Snowdonia.

But the one I used, Aerosoft EIDW, looks terrible in P3D4. I tried the Eiresim one too, and that's even worse.

I don't understand why a popular capital Western European capital still does not have an sim airport updated to suit P3D4. All the other capitals seem covered. (Waiting also for many eastern capitals of course -- Helsinki, the Baltic States etc. But it takes be a lot longer to get to those! 😉 ).

Any ideas please?

Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson
  • Upvote 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Mk Studios are working on Dublin they dropped a hint when they released LPPT Porto.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Pete,

No better EIDW scenery exists. There is one in the making by MK-Studios but if you find it decent when released depends on your taste. I personally do not like their sceneries.
As for Helsinki and the Baltic States, there are good options already available:
- EFHK from A-Flight (Aerosoft) is not P3Dv4 native but works fine in it and still looks great
- EVRA from Justsim is very nice
- there is a nice EETN from Drzewiecki Design

Edited by Rafal

It's my favorite route too, for obvious reasons, Pete.

That and EGGP-EIDW. 

For now, I use X-Plane 11 (at least there is a 64bit Dublin (Ironically also from Aerosoft).

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Hi Pete, 

here is an instruction and patch to merge Aerosoft and Eiresim EIDW in P3Dv4.4 :

https://7x7pilot.weebly.com/airport-patches.html#

Besides this, MK Studios EIDW is in progress. 

Mike

Edited by mikealpha

1. A320 home cockpit (FSLabs, Skalarki), P3Dv5  Main PC : I7-12700K, GTX3080Ti

2. FSLabs A3xx, P3Dv5. Gigabyte Aorus 17G YC, I7-10700K, RTX 3080

58 minutes ago, Rafal said:

No better EIDW scenery exists. There is one in the making by MK-Studios but if you find it decent when released depends on your taste.

Nevertheless it surely is better than nothing.

59 minutes ago, Rafal said:

As for Helsinki and the Baltic States, there are good options already available:
- EFHK from A-Flight (Aerosoft) is not P3Dv4 native but works fine in it and still looks great

Actually I've probably got those. Not being stated as P3D4 compatible put me off. i';ll try them. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, mikealpha said:

here is an instruction and patch to merge Aerosoft and Eiresim EIDW in P3Dv4.4 :

https://7x7pilot.weebly.com/airport-patches.html#

Thanks! I'll certainly try that in the interim!

Pete

2 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

Nevertheless it surely is better than nothing.

Actually I've probably got those. Not being stated as P3D4 compatible put me off. i';ll try them. Thanks!

Not to hijack your thread Pete, but the Justsim EVRA is really very nice as Rafal said, I think you'll enjoy it.

It's one of my favorites for flying the Air Baltic routes in the iFly 737, Q400, and the and the new A220.

Agreed, The EVRA-Riga from Justsim is fine.

I don't own the Eiresim Dublin, so I can't use the merge patch, however if you have ORBX Ireland, and you drag the Aerosoft Dublin scenery below all your orbx sceneries in the scenery order,  you can get a semi-acceptable merge that uses the stock runway graphics from the ORBX afcad with some of the aerosoft PR and buildings.  It's not super awesome, but it's been what I am using, and definitely better than using the aerosoft version as is, with the terrible ground poly issues

It really annoys me that Aerosoft Dublin does not work in P3D v4. I enjoyed flying there in P3D v3, and it really should have been updated for P3D v4 by now.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

16 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Okay. They look okay in P3D4. Just need Vilnius (EYVI). I think I have an Aerosoft scenery for there. I could try that

16 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Right. I've got that, so I'll try it.

I've just done the Aeosoft+Eiresim Dublin "merge", following the instructions in the file pointed to by the link earlier, and at least the ground textures are now okay, but piers 3 and 4 are missing, with the jetways sitting out on their own.

I've double checked that the Scenery folder matches the list. Not sure what is missing.

Also the Pier 1 gate positions are misaligned, with AI aircraft on the far side tucking their noses into the pier, and those on the near side well away. Strange because the traffic around the circular parts of piers 3 and 4 seem correctly positioned.

Perhaps I should wait for the (promised?) MK version.

Pete

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

It really annoys me that Aerosoft Dublin does not work in P3D v4. I enjoyed flying there in P3D v3, and it really should have been updated for P3D v4 by now.

Its quite strange really. It would sell like hot cakes so I cant understand the lack progress, someone else will come along soon and make a version and reap the rewards. 

1 hour ago, Pete Dowson said:

Okay. They look okay in P3D4. Just need Vilnius (EYVI). I think I have an Aerosoft scenery for there. I could try that

18 hours ago, Pete Dowson said:

Right. I've got that, so I'll try it.

Well, they will only install in FSX, FSX-SE or (in the case of EFHK) P3Dv2. I'm afraid I've moved on and only have P3D4 installed these days. I suppose I could "fiddle" it, in the Registry and a basic folder with a dummy "FSX.EXE" or "Prepar3D.exe". But that' just too much hassle for sceneries which should be updated for P3d4.

Pete

8 hours ago, ShawnG said:

I don't own the Eiresim Dublin, so I can't use the merge patch, however if you have ORBX Ireland, and you drag the Aerosoft Dublin scenery below all your orbx sceneries in the scenery order,  you can get a semi-acceptable merge that uses the stock runway graphics from the ORBX afcad with some of the aerosoft PR and buildings.  It's not super awesome, but it's been what I am using, and definitely better than using the aerosoft version as is, with the terrible ground poly issues

Thanks i will give this a try, it sounds better than nothing for sure.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU