Sign in to follow this  
Pete Dowson

Anyone know of a decent Dublin for P3D4?

Thanks, I'll try that if I can find my Eirsim files from long ago.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

5 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

It really annoys me that Aerosoft Dublin does not work in P3D v4. I enjoyed flying there in P3D v3, and it really should have been updated for P3D v4 by now.

Me too Chris. In fact I complained on the Aerosoft forum about it but got nowhere. I asked what I thought was a reasonable question. Do Aerosoft ask the developer for an update or do they just sit and wait?

Mathijs chose not to answer that question. I suspect they just wait for the developer. That’s the problem when you buy from Aerosoft. They’re just a shop and have plenty of other things to flog so it’s not a big issue for them.

OTOH, when you can chat to the developer like T2G and FlyTampa to name but two you can often get more satisfaction and a definitive answer.

You pay your money and take your choice but given the choice between Aerosoft and a company you can talk to I’ll take the latter every day.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

What about a Petition with a large number of Sigs.  Surely planting that at say,  Martin over at Fly Tampa, and some of the other big players of the Scenery Design teams whose names escape me atm, would show how serious the FS Community are about seeing a quality Dublin coming to fruition.

44 minutes ago, Dean_EGTC said:

What about a Petition with a large number of Sigs.  Surely planting that at say,  Martin over at Fly Tampa, and some of the other big players of the Scenery Design teams whose names escape me atm, would show how serious the FS Community are about seeing a quality Dublin coming to fruition.

How about we hold a referendum. No sorry, hold that thought, probably not such a good idea if you want to see one within three years... 

That might work, or you could look at the second post in this topic, where it is mentioned that MK studios (Lisbon, bunch of Canaries sceneries, I beleve some former Aerosoft airports) is currently working on Dublin already.

Referendum would be no good Aerosoft will have the P3DV4 version out in three years, then start working on the P3Dv5 update.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

15 hours ago, ShawnG said:

That might work, or you could look at the second post in this topic, where it is mentioned that MK studios (Lisbon, bunch of Canaries sceneries, I beleve some former Aerosoft airports) is currently working on Dublin already.

Like I said, lets petition the big players, not a Company who's pushing out stuff way behind others.

Edited by Dean_EGTC

You do that.  In the meantime, I’ll be using a really good EIDW, while you wait forever for your chosen ones to think about it, when their plates are already more than full.  Nothing wrong with MK’s stuff

Hey Sean, no bad feelings here eh.  Life is too short and i'm on its final stretch.  At least we have an airport that we can fly in to until a suitable replacement shows up.

8 minutes ago, jason99vmi said:

Many thanks Jason. I shall try that tomorrow.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

I'm having some colour problems with the ground textures after having installed this patch. Odd as it's related to the zoom factor when viewing via the Outside - Top-Down view.

If I zoom out enough the ground textures look good.

EIDW_Zoom_1.png?dl=0

But zoom in a litle and the textures change completely and look awful. This is how they look from inside an aircraft.

EIDW_Zoom_2.png?dl=0

Anyone else seeing this? The other issue is with Coatl crashing with the supplied GSX Level 2 file. But it's the textures than are concerning me as they are no different from the original.

Reading this topic in the iniBuilds forum confirms I'm not alone having this problem. https://forum.inibuilds.com/d/32-eidw-apron-textures

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I'm having some colour problems with the ground textures after having installed this patch. Odd as it's related to the zoom factor when viewing via the Outside - Top-Down view.

If I zoom out enough the ground textures look good.

But zoom in a litle and the textures change completely and look awful. This is how they look from inside an aircraft.

Anyone else seeing this? The other issue is with Coatl crashing with the supplied GSX Level 2 file. But it's the textures than are concerning me as they are no different from the original.

Reading this topic in the iniBuilds forum confirms I'm not alone having this problem. https://forum.inibuilds.com/d/32-eidw-apron-textures

The patch has problems unfortunately. Mesh causes the new iniBuilds ground textures to disappear under the Aerosoft / Pad-Labs poly. Need to use default mesh for now.

Also, there was a mistake made by Max. He selected FSDT CLT only jetways instead of base GSX Level 2 ones.

Fixes have been promised, hopefully they arrive soon.

Edited by F737NG

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

8 minutes ago, F737NG said:

The patch has problems unfortunately. Mesh causes the new iniBuilds ground textures to disappear under the Aerosoft / Pad-Labs poly. Need to use default mesh for now.

Also, there was a mistake made by Max. He selected FSDT CLT only jetways instead of base GSX Level 2 ones.

Fixes have been promised, hopefully they arrive soon.

I do have FS Global so will try disabling that for Europe. If that doesn’t work I’ll reduce the mesh resolution and see if that changes anything.

Hopefully the corrections required are not large and we can enjoy Dublin in v4.

The GSX problem is minor in comparison. I for one very much appreciate the efforts in correcting Dublin. I’m sure I’m not alone.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather