Sign in to follow this  
PierreFSX

question on Voxkey

Hi,

I am trying to follow this procedure to create a new Voxscript to start de-boarding, because half of the time when I say start de-boarding MCE get confuse and he starts boarding. So I found those instruction on the forum and I am trying to follow them.

"As there is a high probability (based on testing) that command "Simon request de-boarding" ends-up being picked up as Simon request boarding", to prevent speech engine screwing up, by requesting boarding when you haven't finished what you had to do, we left it out intentionally. 
Here is an alternative way to achieve what you have in mind. 
In Voxkey, create 2 custom commands, one to display GSX menu, and another one to select menu item 1 
Examples 
display gsx menu (associate to key combo (CTRL + SHIFT+F12) or whatever custom key you have assigned 
gsx menu one (associate to key "1" 
Now, either include those 2 Voxkey commands in a shutdown flow, or create a custom command that would trigger them. 
Example: New Voxscript flow "cabin crew ok for de-boarding" or "cabin crew you may release the passengers" where the only commands are the two custom Voxkey commands. 
Let us know if that isn't a suitable solution."

First when I start Voxkey, I assume that I select the Prepar3d demo profile? In that profile I see that their is originally 5 command, is this correct? From the first screen,do I have to disable the profile? I selected view, and got two the second screen where  I selected new. On the next screen I typed "display gsx menu" then hit next, on the following screen I hit the ctrl and pf 12, voxkey displayed <ctrl><F12>. Then I hit next , did not add any optionals and hit save. I assumed that I could see my new voice command if I hit prev or next but no my command wasn't there. I close and re-started Voxkey then I saw this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XlbOdMiIJyITT9k55Ysie4trrZOANcZH/view?usp=sharing

So I am definitely doing something wrong, is their a better user guide then the PDF called Tools Explained?

Pierre

Pierre Nantel
Asus Prime Z490-A | Intel I9-10900K  | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | 2XSamsung 960 M.2 SSD | Asus GF GTX 1080 ti turbo 11 GB | Win 10 | Prepar3D 5.3 HF1 | AS/ASCA | EFB 2 | PF3 | MCE | PMDG 747-777 |  Twin Otter | Q400 | Aerosoft Airbus series

2 hours ago, PierreFSX said:

Hi,

I am trying to follow this procedure to create a new Voxscript to start de-boarding, because half of the time when I say start de-boarding MCE get confuse and he starts boarding. So I found those instruction on the forum and I am trying to follow them.

"As there is a high probability (based on testing) that command "Simon request de-boarding" ends-up being picked up as Simon request boarding", to prevent speech engine screwing up, by requesting boarding when you haven't finished what you had to do, we left it out intentionally. 
Here is an alternative way to achieve what you have in mind. 
In Voxkey, create 2 custom commands, one to display GSX menu, and another one to select menu item 1 
Examples 
display gsx menu (associate to key combo (CTRL + SHIFT+F12) or whatever custom key you have assigned 
gsx menu one (associate to key "1" 
Now, either include those 2 Voxkey commands in a shutdown flow, or create a custom command that would trigger them. 
Example: New Voxscript flow "cabin crew ok for de-boarding" or "cabin crew you may release the passengers" where the only commands are the two custom Voxkey commands. 
Let us know if that isn't a suitable solution."

First when I start Voxkey, I assume that I select the Prepar3d demo profile? In that profile I see that their is originally 5 command, is this correct? From the first screen,do I have to disable the profile? I selected view, and got two the second screen where  I selected new. On the next screen I typed "display gsx menu" then hit next, on the following screen I hit the ctrl and pf 12, voxkey displayed <ctrl><F12>. Then I hit next , did not add any optionals and hit save. I assumed that I could see my new voice command if I hit prev or next but no my command wasn't there. I close and re-started Voxkey then I saw this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XlbOdMiIJyITT9k55Ysie4trrZOANcZH/view?usp=sharing

So I am definitely doing something wrong, is their a better user guide then the PDF called Tools Explained?

Pierre

Maybe the profile is screwed up. Here is how to recover.

Save the original "Prepar3D Demo.vkp" profile, just in case you typed many commands. Can ignore this step if just starting with Voxkey.

Go to \My Documents\ folder and delete <Voxkey> folder.

Run the MCE app wizard briefly. Windows Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Run app wizard. No ned for speech training.

The wizard will recreate thge <VoxKey> folder with default settings.

If you intend the commands for any P3D version, open the "Prepar3D Demo.vkp" and add commands to that profile.

At runtime, depending on the running sim, MCE will look into "Prepar3D Demo.vkp", "FSX Demo.vkp" or "Fs9 Demo.vkp" for custom commands to be made available for speech reco.

There should only be one profile per simulator version.

If you create a custom profile for P3D, you need to delete "Prepar3D Demo.vkp",

Go to

Ok I will try that, 

Thanks again

Pierre Nantel
Asus Prime Z490-A | Intel I9-10900K  | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | 2XSamsung 960 M.2 SSD | Asus GF GTX 1080 ti turbo 11 GB | Win 10 | Prepar3D 5.3 HF1 | AS/ASCA | EFB 2 | PF3 | MCE | PMDG 747-777 |  Twin Otter | Q400 | Aerosoft Airbus series

Hi,

Same thing and same result. But I have some question:

Before I start creating the new command when I select open profile and I select Prepar3d demo, should I uncheck Enable this profile option?

When creating the new command after I created the "display gsx menu", assigned the keys  and close the last screen, I can see that the command count when from 5 to 6. So this is ok?

When I hit view to go back and create the "gsx menu one" command I do not see the "display gsx menu" in the list when I use the + (next) or - (prev) . I should be able to see my new command? I only see the original 5.

Before I start creating the new command when I select open profile and I select Prepar3d demo, should I uncheck Enable this profile option.

Last, the fact that I run win10 home edition should not create any issues?

Pierre

Pierre Nantel

Hi,

It seem that what I did worked, I just tested the new voxscript flow I created with does two new commands and it work fine. So I confuse on the way VoxKey works but it did the job.

One last question: I would like this new voxscript flow to work with all my plane, where should I store it? Or do I have to copy it for each plane?

Pierre

Pierre Nantel