Sign in to follow this  
SimeonWilbury

Just Flight VC10 Professional Released

Hi all,

After a few understandable weeks of delay, Just Flight have now released their VC10 Professional. This is a revamped version of the previous VC10 Jetliner Product, expanded to include the Super and RAF Models with expanded systems depth along with other new features such as an INS. Although I did not personally own the old version, if you do you should be able to get a discount on the new model. You can see the product page here: https://www.justflight.com/product/vc10-professional

I have not had much time to make my first impressions with the aircraft yet (I've yet to get the thing in the air), that will have to wait a few days, however I have some more immediate questions and feedback from my initial experience in setting up that I will post in case anyone has any answers, and also for some general information.

• As this is/was a rather niche aircraft both in the real world and in the sim, I have not yet been able to find any performance profiles necessary to put into PFPX for flight planning. Although not vital, this is something I have become somewhat used to with my aircraft and would like to have some if possible. There is data for the Super VC10 on vc10.net and there may be other data available through the purchase of various manuals online, however I am not hugely familiar with interpreting the data in these and transferring them to PFPX, if anyone has any experience with this kind of thing and can help at all, I would be very greatful.
  • The Aircraft comes with a rather stripped down interface, with options for panel states etc and 2D popups for the INS CDUs but not much else. I am fine with this, however this does mean the doors do rely on the Standard P3D Door keybinds which don't seem to work for me (e.g. Shift+E+2 will just open/close the main exit and open a 2D popup). This is an easy fix however as there are a number of freeware gauges online that offer door control, I simply downloaded one of these and use it to control the aircraft doors. However, as I feel this may be an issue for other users and took me a while to fix, may I suggest that something like this be included by default?

I will seek to post more of my experiences over the next few days when I get a chance to fly the aircraft properly.

Thanks,

Martin

PUT In the UK.

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x & Radeon RX570 8GB. Prepar3Dv5.3 @1080p

spacer.png

Hi Martin,

We'll look into adding a 2D panel for controlling the various passenger and cargo doors.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Martyn

• Like 2

Martyn - Just Flight

Cannot see a Discount - I have the original.  Regards.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

TYVM for the info Martin, Ticket raised.  Cheers.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

The lack of a load manager or any semblance of how to configure the CG is bothersome in a 'professional' expansion, maybe it's just me but I was expecting a bit more fidelity.

RE Thomason Jr.

11 hours ago, Blaze said:

The lack of a load manager or any semblance of how to configure the CG is bothersome in a 'professional' expansion, maybe it's just me but I was expecting a bit more fidelity.

I agree that it is a bit bothersome compared to what I'm used to, however I guess the general fuel/load setup is simple enough to configure in the P3D settings, and the fuel system is laid out in the manual is sufficient detail. Such as Load Manager would though be greatly appreciated as part of a future update.

PUT In the UK.

spacer.png

Does anyone happen to know if I get the VC10 on SimMarket, is it the latest version? What I read there does not reflect the updates.

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

1 minute ago, kaha said:

Does anyone happen to know if I get the VC10 on SimMarket, is it the latest version? What I read there does not reflect the updates.

Karl

The product name should give it away, the new model is called the VC10 Professional, and has a higher price-tag. The old model is part of Just Flight's 'Jetliner' Range and should therefore appear as the VC10 Jetliner.

Martin

PUT In the UK.

spacer.png

Thx. So it seems it's not on SimMarket.

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Hi All,

Just a quick note that I am currently in the process of attempting to build a PFPX profile for the Standard VC10, if I am successful with this then hopefully one for the Super will soon follow. This will probably take a while though.

If anyone has any experience in creating new aircraft profiles for PFPX then I would be grateful for any assistance.

Thanks,

Martin

Edited by SimeonWilbury
fixed a spelling error

PUT In the UK.

spacer.png

So...any reviews yet? : )

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

16 hours ago, Purr said:

So...any reviews yet? : )

That is the original aim I had in mind when posting this thread, however I have been so absorbed in making the PFPX profiles for this aircraft the past few days I haven't really had the chance to fly it yet... Oops

PUT In the UK.

spacer.png

I did a cold start. I didn’t manage to start any engines yet! 

Really need to check the manual for this one! 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/

This is now updated to 1.1! That was quick 🤗

AMD Ryzen 5900X - Asus Crosshair VI Hero - G.Skill 32GB (2x16GB) 3000 C14 DDR4 @ 3600 14-14-15-14-28-42

AMD Red Devil Radeon 6900XT  2700/2112 1125mv - 3 x Iiyama G-Master GB2888UHSU 4k @ 11560x2160

Saitek X-55 Rhino - Track IR5 - Obutto Sim Cockpit + Triple Monitor Stand - Fancy some Techno? https://www.mixcloud.com/dj_bully/