Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Light Sport out of Knoxville, TN

Not often shown in Xplane11, beautiful Tennessee scenery flying towards the great smoky mountains.  I stayed in Townsend TN just outside the park while I was assigned to work there and install a network and do network training for the Best Western Cades cove Inn.  I drove my employee and I into the Smoky Mountains National Park, then on towards Dollywood on the way back to Townsend, just beautiful scenery.  Another link for the wonderful Simheaven forests improvement for Xplan11 gracefully given to me by another forum member.  It has added wonderful depth to Xplane11's autogen and landclass, in and of itself the best Autogen and landclass IMHO for any sim.

http://simheaven.com/simdownloads/dense-forests/

https://www.bestwestern.com/en_US/book/hotels-in-townsend/best-western-cades-cove-inn/propertyCode.43178.html

bca07zT.png
WzvgSOm.png
Bl7uJ5p.png
LyVy7Mm.png
BbnJE1P.png
bqTtLQX.png
Z1USPsX.png
RxVeOqs.png
ddQGytb.png
RaLTe6Q.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Wow...Tennessee..your pictures bring back good memories..

Yes, Dollywood and Gatlinburg and Smoky Mountains....scenic country! I recall, many years ago, on arrival at a motel, in Gatlinburg, late evening, in the middle of winter (with snowy winter wonderland all-around!), the (elderly) motel-owner couple came up to say "Good Night" , and added they will leave the porch lights "on".

[Could it be related to the hotel you've mentioned/worked-on...🙂....?] Anyway, good old simple days...does not feel the same with the hotel-chains of today...

• Like 1