Sign in to follow this  
alexcolka

New payware King Air 350 is out

Jep, bought it. Let's see if their customer service and bug fixing frequency get's better...

The price seems reasonable if the model lives up to their claims.

I'm happy that they chose not to model a G1000 cockpit. It's the main reason I don't fly the TBM900 anymore. As great as it is (and as good as their G1000 rendition is), I can't get to like glass cockpits in GA planes.

• Like 1

I have the single engine Pilatus which I love, great aircraft to fly, pleasant manners, but I am sure a 350 will be welcome for Xplane11.  My fav aircraft in Xplane is still the Aerobask Eclipse, followed by the Aerobask Epic, both cool aircraft to fly which fill the biz jet and turboprop niches quite nicely.  For slow flight, I have several VSkylabs Microlights, the Mini 500, and their Gyro, as well as their Long EZ.  I even found a freeware PPC that is fun, but it can get a bit boring trying to go point to point at only 18-19 knots.  I have the Alabeo Cardinal just because it looks so beautiful, I argue the Cardinal was one of the most beautiful and sleek GA aircraft ever created, looking contemporary even today alongside the more modern GA aircraft that are flown, like the Diamond series.

John

19 minutes ago, Airboeing said:

I can't get to like glass cockpits in GA planes.

I'm with you!!!

- TONY -

This addon is right up my alley....  bbuuuuut I have a budget, and the skunkcraft Legacy will get first dibs lol

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

That looks really impressive.

Anyone have any experience with Airfoillabs? I'd love to have a King Air 350 with mostly steam gauges.

I saw a note on FSElite saying the Carenado B200 was updated for X-Plane 11 but have never seen a new version on the Carenado site... That would have been nice. Might have to pull the trigger on this.

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Just  made the purchase - tricky installation but should have an initial thought shortly. 

How is the performance? Airfoillabs are making gorgeous models but the eye candy has its price.

Edited by jt8d9a

33 minutes ago, jt8d9a said:

How is the performance? Airfoillabs are making gorgeous models but the eye candy has its price.

Right now it's a dud.  They're using an auto installer to squeeze in all these so-called goodies - doesn't work.  Why don't these developers just deliver the basic model, let the user decide what he/she want's to plugin or addon.  I've had this same thing with 'Rollon' and their SF260 with mandatory REP.  Somebody else give it a try so I can find out what I did wrong.

Glad you brought that up Older. I am looking for a 350. Carenado has one with a glass panel for P3D . I am hoping they will switch over  to XP.What a shame your plane isn't flying right. You did nothing wrong. I am looking at the Rollon CRJ.  Too old!!!.Since we know how XP is on the go with changes, hard to keep up.

Unable to wait and against all reason, I bought it. I'm a sucker for King Air aircraft.

I've only just dipped my toe in. My impressions are:

• very nice looking
  • very detailed
  • nice sounds
  • flight model seems good from the very little I've flown
  • no more a fps load than other complex aircraft
  • I had no problem with the install
  • can't figure out why the pitch trim isn't responding to my joystick's mapping  (like every other aircraft does.)
  • I like it.
  • Like 2

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Hey Richie: Since you like King Airs so much, Check out a company called Commuter Air technology. they convert the C 90, B 200, B 350 into a  workable feeder aircraft. I love what they do. Happy Flying.