Sign in to follow this  
ashepherd316

Orbx true earth great britain south best control panel settings

what are the best settings in the control panel to get the best performance in p3d v4 thanks.

Edited by ashepherd316

Alexander Shepherd

Very simple : uncheck everything

And remove the 3D_M bgl files outside their scenery folder.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

ah right its that bad is it lol well i suppose its either that then or get 6fps and a slide show

Alexander Shepherd

Have you tried using JohnV's settings - it make a big difference in fps and stutters on my system. I leave most of the CP items checked...

Here you go:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/168114-tegb-south-p3dv44-settings-for-smooth-performance-at-4k/

LOL

John’s settings are almost max settings ....

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

i tried and over london i still get poor performance its better but still poor so i think i will need to uncheck everything and delete those files.

Alexander Shepherd

Don't delete them. Just move them to a backup folder.

There is an app that I find greatly improves performance with this Orbx product. From memory, it’s called x-plane11.exe, or something like that.

:)

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

There is an app that I find greatly improves performance with this Orbx product. From memory, it’s called x-plane11.exe, or something like that.

🙂

LOL! However, I have to agree....which is why I decided not to wait and instead purchased TE GB North for X-Plane 11. Performance is pretty good and has the added advantage of being able to run the same X-Plane installation from both Windows 7, my primary o/s, and Windows 10 (Dual Boot config). Can’t do that with Prepar3D. Currently not using X-Plane for much else although I do dip into it from time to time.

Word to the wise: be sure to have adequate cooling on your CPU! The initial download is around 20GB. This is unpacked and after a lengthy period of processing expands to nearly 140GB. During this processing period I noted all cores were running at or near 100%!! Normally I rarely see CPU temps under load exceeding 60C. However, this aforementioned process pushed this up to 85C and was maintained for a nail biting length of time, possibly an hour or two. I can’t be certain how long as I rejoined the party after the download had completed and file processing was well under way. Whole procedure was done and dusted ‘safely’ after 6 and a half hours. My case fans were configured for quiet operation and while the CPU water cooler pump was running at Max, the radiator fans were not. Making appropriate adjustments brought CPU package temps down to 65C towards the end of this exercise. Corsair LINK 4 software is now installed so, hopefully, there should be no repetition. During the build of this rig I opted for manual control of the individual case fans via a front panel. Now, with the benefit of hindsight, this may not have been an optimal decision....although, where computers are concerned, I do prefer being in control wherever possible. Ah well, lessons learned, I suppose.

Regards,

Mike

Edited by Cruachan

LOL! However, I have to agree....which is why I decided not to wait and instead purchased TE GB North for X-Plane 11. Performance is pretty good and has the added advantage of being able to run the same X-Plane installation from both Windows 7

....and the disadvantage of having a 30m resolution mesh. I dread to think what some of Scotland's cliffs and other geographical features look like with a resolution that low. One example of a 3D landmark that would not fit here is Dunnottar Castle (just south of Stonehaven on the north east coast). It probably looks like a farmhouse on sea washed turf in the Xplane 11 version of TrueEarth North. I sincerely hope that they source 5m mesh for the P3D v4 version.

• Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

i deleted all the 3d files and the fps are good now but it just doesnt look as good unfortunately.

Alexander Shepherd

5 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

...and the disadvantage of having a 30m resolution mesh

Can't speak to that as so far I've only experienced a brief flight from EGPH around Edinburgh and a few miles south beyond the Pentland Hills. Spotted my house and garden except the building has been obscured with a generic looking 3D model which looks nothing like it. Pity. Apart from that, the general look of the scenery is convincing and seems to be quite comprehensive and accurate. I do believe I'm liking what I'm seeing. Nice also to see moving traffic and several trains. Trees are not as well depicted as in Prepar3D, however, but coverage is good. Also nice to see they have included all 3 Forth Bridges.

Have you tried Scotflight for ORBX in Prepar3D? Complements ORBX EU Scotland very well. Iain Gallacher has done a sterling job over the years and his lovingly created scenery is to be recommended. Also, Scotland is one of those countries on the planet where FSGlobal Ultimate NG Mesh really brings out the best this land has to offer...which is certainly a great deal.

Regards,

Mike

Have you tried Scotflight for ORBX in Prepar3D? Complements ORBX EU Scotland very well. Iain Gallacher has done a sterling job over the years and his lovingly created scenery is to be recommended.

I use Scotflight with PlayHorizon UK VFR Photographic Scenery and Earth Simulations Treescapes.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png