Sign in to follow this  
G-RFRY

Simmarket dropping Paypal

Just read that SimMarket are to drop PayPal posted by TheSkyLounge.TV on twitter.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Seems they did that one time before. Or maybe it was ORBX.

Vic green

ORBX did.  Other than one item of stupidity (PayPal wouldn’t let me buy Havana Airport, because apparently Fidel Castro...) I’ve never had an issue.  It’s convenient for me, enough that if this becomes a thing, I will only buy items from SimMarket that I can only get there.  And I’ve spent thousands there over the years.

• Like 2

Just now Paypal was still working, bought 3 sceneries. I have been a customer there since 2002 (or even before) and have never had a problem and I will keep buying there as I like to have my purchases in one place as far as possible.

• Like 1

Erhard

I9 11900k RTX 3080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV 4K, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

According to the post on skylounge TV they will stop the Paypal on the 20th of this month, and it looks like the same problem ORBX was having getting PayPal the forward the money, its starting to act like a bank it sits on the money invest it and makes millions most likely with your money and it looks like its sitting on it longer to make more, in the UK ebay have advised sellers not to use Paypal due to a scam that buyers use, there was a TV program showing the problem buyers were say the goods never arrived or were not what they expected and Paypal were refunding them then billed the seller but the goods were never returned.

PS simmarket will lose my purchases I will not use my bank card.

Raymond Fry.

Same here. It's possible to buy most products theses days directly from the developer's website and they almost always use PayPal. 

This could affect some small developers that don't sell direct and don't have web support.

Raymond Fry.

To be fair PayPal is only convenient because it dominated so long & was the only show in town, but if two companies (that I know of orbx and simmarket) are having issues getting paid you cant blame them for dropping it, nobody in a commercial world can afford to wait months on end for payment, you cant pay wages and overheads if you don't know if your getting paid yourself.

I always use PayPal when available & will continue to do so, if a dev or retailer won't except PayPal, I've got my prepaid master card, there are so many safe ways of purchasing online now this community and the world in general will adapt 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Stephen

Asus Z170 Deluxe, 32 GB DDR4 Dominator Platinum, i7 6700k mild overclock, GTX Titan ( Pascal ) Win10

Can't blame them. PayPal can be an absolute headache, especially for business users.

• Upvote 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

Dont blame them for taking this approach

My wife sells a few odds and bits online (similar to Avon here in England) and has had difficulty herself with PayPal because they want to know everything about where the money is coming and going from - Its meant delays in receiving money meaning that orders have had to come out of our own pockets - Trouble with PayPal is the fact that its well known and those who have little issue with buying through it will always be comfortable to use them, of course the alternative could be for the likes of my Wife or Simmarket using another company like PayPal but will consumers be eager to pay through that service when there is the risk that the Company is unknown

Paypal has become too Political for my tastes. Cancelled 2 months ago

• Upvote 1

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

The only way I would buy at SimMarket is through my PayPal account. No more purchases for me at SimMarket, if they won´t use PayPal anymore.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

On 4/6/2019 at 11:57 AM, Sethos1988 said:

Can't blame them. PayPal can be an absolute headache, especially for business users.

Sure has. I’ll never use them again. 

I just read they will be setting up Google and Apple Pay. As long as I can use Apple Pay instead of PayPal than I’m ok with it. As long as I don’t have to use my CC.

• Like 1

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Apple Pay so you would be paying with your IPhone account? 

Maurice J

I7 7700k 4.7 \ EVGA 1080ti \ G-Skill 32GB \ Samsung 4K TV