Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Simmarket purchase

This is the 3rd time in around a year that I have a fraud charge on my credit card days after buying from simmarket. This site is never getting a dime of my business again. And they are removing paypal, is that so the fraud is easier?

Edited by Boeing or not going

It started days after my purchase at simmarket late last month. A small charge buying something from the Microsoft store. That escalated into a 400 dollar Amazon purchase this morning. The same thing occurred last year on separate occasions I posted once about it here. This card is only used for simmarket purchases and my regular shopping at local stores using the chip. Is there a security researcher capable of looking at the site for code inserted that redirects your data such as the fraud on the British Airways website months ago? I have to find another flight sim store and Im missing out on many exclusive scenery I find nowhere else but I do not have time for this every year.

Edited by Boeing or not going

This doesn't help you now, but have you considered using a service like privacy.com that creates virtual cards for online shopping that you can either set limits on or make single-use? Although I'd understand not using simmarket on principle after that issue, a single-use virtual card would prevent the same thing in the future. 

I'm sure there are similar services out there, but privacy has worked great for me and I don't think they've ever had a security breach. 

• Like 1

This also happened to me once after buying from simmarket, had to cancel my card and get a new one. Luckily I caught it right away.

Martin

50 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

Did you use that card anywhere else besides simMarket?

43 minutes ago, Boeing or not going said:

No I have not.

35 minutes ago, Boeing or not going said:

This card is only used for simmarket purchases and my regular shopping at local stores using the chip.

So which is it?  You said you didn't use it anywhere else, however you did.

You can hardly definitely blame simMarket.

4 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

So which is it?  You said you didn't use it anywhere else, however you did.

You can hardly definitely blame simMarket.

I have not purchased online using the same card. Local buying using a chip reader has a very very low chance of fraud. I said this is the 3rd time and I have created a topic I think early last year after the same problem. Days after simmarket purchase my card gets random purchases then a large purchase attempt catching the fraud division.

• Like 2

Not sure where you live, but in the Phoenix, AZ area the biggest source of fraudulent credit cards are the chip readers at gas stations.  Criminals attach readers to the gas station pump stands and read the card information as the user submits their card for a gas purchase.

Paul K   KGYR

3 minutes ago, contractpilot said:

Not sure where you live, but in the Phoenix, AZ area the biggest source of fraudulent credit cards are the chip readers at gas stations.  Criminals attach readers to the gas station pump stands and read the card information as the user submits their card for a gas purchase.

That is a metallic strip reader not a chip reader

yhat's why I use PayPal for all my online purchases or my Amazon store card at Amazon.  PayPal is good about getting refunds from vendors too.

I have to use a credit card to but from Orbx but no problems so far.  The card I use IMMEDIATELY e-mails me that foreign transaction has been made and to call them if it wasn't mine.

Noel

• Upvote 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

It's far easier for you to have some sort of trojan in your computer than simmarket to be responsible for such a thing. If that was the case, many more people would complain.

• Like 2

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

yep  than  everyone  that  bought  from  sim market   would  have  the  issue ,  I  check my  pc   as   the  above poster has  suggested  as  some one  has  hacked  into  your  account  I would  changed  all my  passwords  etc  and  get  a key board  that   encrypts  your  key  stokes

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

42 minutes ago, Nuno Pinto said:

It's far easier for you to have some sort of trojan in your computer than simmarket to be responsible for such a thing. If that was the case, many more people would complain.

A hack of their site could have been active for a small amount of time and only grabbed a small amount of transactions. I have no viruses on my computer. If my computer is infected then the timing so close to buying on simmarket and only from one card used on that site is some coincidence.