Sign in to follow this  
JimBeamBlack

New Falcon 50 owner, some questions.

First off, very nice aircraft, well done.  I wonder are there any startup videos like there was on the Lear jet 35A? I really loved that video it was very helpful for getting started in the aircraft. I have searched and searched and all I fin are Carenado or real life Falcon startup videos.

Second and most important, my throttle does not seem to be working properly, 

I have the CH products throttle, peddles, and combat stick combo, I use it for pretty much all the airplanes I fly, but on this one I can't seem to flip the little red Power Lever Cutoff switches, they flip momentarily and quickly snap back, right click does nothing but jiggle them? I also cannot engage the reverser lever.it has the same behavior.

If I move my throttle all three throttles move at once, but I can't seem to control the levers with my mouse at all?

Is there a special setup for this airplane that I might need to do, some way to tie some of my buttons do these actions??? I have a button tied to my reverser (reverse thrust) but it does the same wacky thing.

any ideas at all?

thanks,

Rob Comfort 

Rob Comfort

Never mind I figured it out, you can delete this thread. 

Turns out I had to calibrate the throttle axis in P3Dv4 as well, I forget I am not using the CH control software this time.

PEBCAK

Works and runs great, now I got to go do some flying!!

Rob Comfort

Don't forget to assign a key to one Gps1000 key (search in documentation) to get the ONE reverser only function...

Enjoy that beautiful Falcon 🙂

Hey thanks for the tip gaab, I found all those settings on pg 9, I already have all my buttons used up on my throttle and flight stick, but I bound them to my G buttons on my keyboard, so I have engine 2 reverser, spoiler extend and spoiler retract, and my go around all mapped out. 

Thanks man!! Just flew a quick flight after a good startup (didn't make any mistakes this time) and man what an aircraft, my F1 GTN 750's went right in, even the Wx radar tied right in easily.

One thing I have to figure out though, the ATC referred my aircraft as 0 (Zero), I have to figure out whats going on, maybe it's because I didn't have a flight plan in my GTN?

anyways, I'll figure it out, I have to go familiarize myself with all of the settings/readings on the gauges, and find out the max altitudes and cruse speeds yada yada.

then it's time for a long flight.

so much detail in this one!!

Rob Comfort

Hi,

You can enter a flight number on the P3D "Select Vehicule" dialog on the bottom "Air Traffic Control" area.

This value will then be remembered by P3D for this aircraft variation.

You can also enter an "atc_flight_number" value in the aircraft.cfg [flightsim] section for variations which have never been loaded by P3D.

Enjoy

Gérard

Edited by gaab

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 2:38 AM, JimBeamBlack said:

Is there a special setup for this airplane that I might need to do, some way to tie some of my buttons do these actions??? I have a button tied to my reverser (reverse thrust) but it does the same wacky thing.

Hi, I have the ch yoke and use the Y rotation axis for the throttle reverser on engine 2.

bob