Sign in to follow this  
Egbert Drenth

So... what will be the status of the KA 350i this year?

"So... what will be the status of the KA 350i this year?"
That was the exact title of one of my postings 2 years ago.

I bought the alpha-release of this plane 4 years ago and some even earlier. Since then still no full release of the KA 350i despite all promises.
I don't mind waiting a reasonable time for a release.
But I do mind:

• In the mean time Milviz has released at least 15-20 other new aircraft.
    Apparently those had more priority then the customers of the KA 350i
  • Most of us are waiting now 4 to 5 years for the final release.

With due respect but I sincerely hope this tragicomedy will end soon. 

Egbert Drenth

• Upvote 1

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

The status is as follows:

The King Air Beta will be sent out to customers in the next three weeks.  I suggest patience but, if you have no more, then please contact oisin at milviz dot com and ask for a refund.  We are offering 50% for all customers.  I don't recommend taking it but it's your call.

Thank you for your patience.

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

11 hours ago, Milviz said:

I suggest patience,

With all respect, but we heared that same message over and over for the last 4 years.
Milviz publishing a beta soon doesn't say anything, The beta period can last for another 5 years

I haven't payed for an alpha- or beta-release, I think I'm entitled for the full product.
If I want a refund then it's for the full price if have payed and so far I have payed for nothing. 
Kinda rude to your long waiting customers, you only offer 50% refund.

• Upvote 1

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

Actually, that's exactly what you paid for if you bought in.  Alpha.  No more.  No less.  With no specified release date. And all buyers were so informed TWICE before being allowed to purchase.  As all buyers have been kept updated and made the offers of a 50% refund (which, btw, is more than we actually have to offer) or a product replacement, I think we've done more what we should have.  If you, as a buyer, have refused to take said offer, not sure what else we can do for you.  You'll have to be patient.  FYI, less than 10 took the refund.  Not sure how we can go better than that.

Not sure how I'm being rude here...  you bought an alpha.  It was awful.  We TOLD everyone it was awful and because it was awful, we weren't going to release it.  We don't release awful.  So.. we told everyone ... we will redo it from scratch.  And let me tell you... this has been a real effort.  There are now nine (9) people full time on this project.  This project alone.  Nine. I'm throwing 13K a month on this in the hopes that it will be a totally realistic PL-21 sim when it comes out.  

And, over the past 4 years, you, and lots of others, even those who didn't buy it, have trolled us for this and claimed that we're liars, thieves, and basically not nice people which just isn't true.  We have never stopped working on this.  I've spent well over 100,000$ USD on this so far. Will I make that back?  Not on the KA.  Not likely.  On the other two aircraft?  Maybe.  I hope so.  But the point is... I KEEP MY PROMISES.  Even if it hurts me to do so.

If you're fed up of waiting for what we hope will be fantastic... I can't help you. (won't either).

All you had to do is contact us IN PRIVATE and we will discuss resolutions.  Instead, you bring it up here.  Not sure why you do that.  

Anyway.  If you don't wish to be patient, take the refund or the product replacement that was offered and walk away.

Your call.

Edited by Milviz
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Ok... Colin doesn't like me... and I technically am a competitor... BUT... Colin is correct.  They have been upfront and honest all the way.  Nothing has been hidden and no promises were made that have been broken.  As one who is insanely familiar with the King Air aircraft as well as the avionics suite it uses... the complexity is, in my opinion, unique in the aviation genre. 

My wife purchased the alpha for my birthday back when it was first available.  I have been here as a customer with everyone else who chose to purchase the alpha.

I am sooo looking forward to being able to enjoy the finished product.  I am waiting patiently.  I suggest you do the same.  The aircraft is a turboprop, in the sim that's complex.  The avionics is probably the most complex avionics I've ever worked with.  In short, this is an extremely complex product that takes a great deal of time to accomplish.

I, for one... can wait... without complaining.

• Like 1

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

On 4/6/2019 at 7:52 AM, Milviz said:

The status is as follows:

The King Air Beta will be sent out to customers in the next three weeks.  I suggest patience but, if you have no more, then please contact oisin at milviz dot com and ask for a refund.  We are offering 50% for all customers.  I don't recommend taking it but it's your call.

Thank you for your patience.

I sent an email to oisin four days ago and didn't even receive a courtesy response. 

Whilst I'm sorry about that, Osh had two family deaths in a 5 day span and had gone to the UK to deal with that.  Sorry but family takes precedence in our company.  He will get back to you tmrw or the next day. He arrived back in town this evening.

I am deeply sorry to hear that. Of course family always takes precedence. Please convey my deepest condolences and no hurry whatsoever in responding. 

• Like 1

It will be today.  I apologize for the "shaming".  I could've/should've picked my wording better... this is why Osh does all this stuff and not ME....

• Like 2