Sign in to follow this  
isaiah

Flight Factor A320

We now have the full picture on this.

After spending about 5 months interfacing the FF A320 using its very complex and unusual SDK interface, it appears, sometime last month, they decided to drop it for a new one.

Only observed the crash first time after getting what seems to be an updated package from Aerosoft.

Therefore can't tell exactly at which point (exact version of the aircraft) the rug was pulled. That's why it works for some and not for others.

You may want to read this thread.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/176826-difficult-to-make-the-new-version-working/&tab=comments#comment-1637629

The good news is that we can adjust to whatever way they want us to connect to their aircraft.So, it's not the end of FF A320 support.

The new interface is in line with what we are used to with FlightFactor aircraft.

It's just a shame it went unnoticed for so long on our side, as only those eager on Betas were hit initially.

Therefore, unless you go back to a much older version (which has the old SDK), , for now I doubt you can use MCE with that aircraft on its latest Betas.

It will take time to get it going on the new interface (which will then require all users to use the more recent versions of the aircraft, and it will be done as quickly as possible. I mean priority task.

• Like 3

I have installed the new version.  When I ask for 'Electrical Power with APU' Clive starts the flow.  About halfway through I get a dialog saying I should restart X-Plane and wait for a minute.  I have tried this, it doesn't seem to make a difference. If just click OK on the dialog Clive carries on after a short while.  But upon inspection, I find the APU has not been started.  I would not like Clive to face any disciplinary action.

WW4959.png

1 hour ago, dbrooke said:

I have installed the new version.  When I ask for 'Electrical Power with APU' Clive starts the flow.  About halfway through I get a dialog saying I should restart X-Plane and wait for a minute.  I have tried this, it doesn't seem to make a difference. If just click OK on the dialog Clive carries on after a short while.  But upon inspection, I find the APU has not been started.  I would not like Clive to face any disciplinary action.

Thanks for the report.

Suggest the following.

Go to <Command> tab in MCE user interface and click <Voxscript>

Select flow"Electrical power with apu" and click <Edit>

In next screen, click <Edit script commands>

You'll then see all command Fo will be executing as part of the script.

Instead of triggering the complete flow, test each command one by one until you eventually get the crash.

Once you know the command that's causing it, remove it from the flow.

It could be that FF has removed the variable the item is linked to in your own aircraft Beta.

Will test on our side too.

It's rather strange, the 'battery on' command is not being obeyed, so he can't switch the APU on.  I get the dialog pop up during the 45 sec pause. I think the 'APU on' command can't be enacted because the batteries aren't on when the command is reached so it assumes the A320 isn't behaving.

Edited by dbrooke

WW4959.png

It's rather strange, the 'battery on' command is not being obeyed, so he can't switch the APU on.  I get the dialog pop up during the 45 sec pause. I think the 'APU on' command can't be enacted because the batteries aren't on when the command is reached so it assumes the A320 isn't behaving.

Are you using one of the new FF aircraft releases where they introduced new datarefs and CommandRefs, or still using first official non-Beta release?

if that's the case, you need to update the aircraft.

I have no issues controlling battery and APU.

I have done a full reinstall of the A320 0.10.5, and I still have the battery problem.

WW4959.png

I have done a full reinstall of the A320 0.10.5, and I still have the battery problem.

Will be posting a new dll shortly that will handle the batteries and APU via the old interface (which was updated).

Meanwhile, please list all items FO is unable to handle.

The issue is related to the fact we don't all have the same version of the aircraft, and FF is taking liberties with their SDK, publishing one thing, then removing it on a whim, introducing datarefs and CommandRefs which then they either rename, or discard as they please.

You can't make any assumption as to what is available. 😛

It doesn't seem like a very sound development practice by FF, good luck keeping up with them.   I'll let you know what else I discover.

WW4959.png