Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

Prepar3D Guide

It seems that the "Prepare3D Guide" from Rob A. is no more available here on AVSIM. Unfortunately, I cannot find it in my backups. Any other way to get a copy?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Don't have it bookmarked on my phone but, pretty sure he has his own website with loads of resources on flight SIM, so might be he has a copy there.  

Cheers

Stu Bevis

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg PC: i5 8600K @ 5.0GHz, Asus Maximus X Hero, Corsair 16GB @ 3200MHz, EVGA GTX970SC

I'm seeing it. 

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

2 hours ago, DaveCT2003 said:

I'm seeing it. 

Yes, but you can't download.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I believe most of that guide pertained to p3dv3 and earlier...anyway its been removed.

Edited by rickgo
spelling

I5 9600k@ 4.8ghz    rx580 limping-along   2x  23" 1080P Monitors

i know, but I wanted to check sth which is still relevant for me

- Harry 

It can now be downloaded.  Be careful with the data as it is out of date.  Best to go by the pinned topics in the P3DV4 Tips and Tricks forum.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

3 hours ago, Nemo said:

Yes, but you can't download.

Earlier this morning I didn't see the notice (when you click the Download Link) that the Guide is currently being updated and the new version will be available soon.

Since the document is Copyrighted, I'm not able to provide you with a copy.  However you might be able to send a PM to Jim Young and see if he'll send you a copy or he can PM me and authorize me to do so, and I'll be happy to!

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.