Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Apple + Vista + FSX

Since WindowsXP can now function on a MAC I was wondering will the same be true for Vista and in turn we could run FSX on a MAC based machine??? :-)

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Vista I'm almost sure will run but don't quote me on that, as for DX10 though, and hardware on the video side that I'm not too sure about.

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

I'm curious as to wherever it will run on Linux... though I expect it won't because of DX9. So its a stupid question really! Ah well...

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Guest grapesh

Did you try running FS2004 on Mac (on XP)?

Guest Traffic

With Leopard coming out later this year and boot camp is supposedly getting much better by then, I would think Vista would run on a Mac, especially when Merom/Conroe chips will be standard on Macs.Didn't MS used to make a version of Flight Simulator for Mac in the past? I can't recall for sure but I remember seeing one some years ago. It would be nice for them to remake it for the new Intel Macs. There's quite a Flight Sim following in the Mac community. At least there used to be.

Guest BarbulaM1

The major problem you would have is your graphics card in a Mac. Over all, the cards that come in the current Intel Macs are not very good when it comes to gaming. Especialy upper tier gaming now, or future generation gaming. It maybe posible to get decent frames in FS9 with your settings tuned a little down, but I would doubt FSX would be barible when it comes down to the FPS of the game. Addionaly, the cards that come in them meet the minimum for running Windows Vista Premium editions (Home Premium, Buisness Premium, and Ultimate) which are the versions that are most geared to gaming with a full DX10 engine and DX9/DX10 interface.

>Didn't MS used to make a version of Flight Simulator for Mac>in the past? I can't recall for sure but I remember seeing one>some years ago. It would be nice for them to remake it for the>new Intel Macs. There's quite a Flight Sim following in the>Mac community. At least there used to be.The last version Microsoft produced for mac was FS4, somewhere in the mid nineties if I'm not mistaken. I started my simming 'career' on a mac.Paul

I had version 4 for the Mac, ran like liquid :) I was extremely disappointed when Mac support was ditched, costs me twice as much to run two computer systems :( I remember a rumor from the Apple camp about a port for Mac in FS2002 but for some reason that never happened.I'm extremly happy about boot camp.As for the comment about Mac video cards for gaming that is so far from the truth, Macs have always had better video cards for gaming, and the core video cards still come from companies like ATI etc... Mac has *always* been better graphically.It might take a bit for DX10 drivers and support to come out, but it won't be long.I could be wrong, but take all my comments as being from experience on both Macs and PC's. I'm passionate about my Macs and also passionate about FS. I use Mac for editing film, and PC for Flight Sim.Anyway I don't want to get into controversy ;)... I just want to enjoy FS on whatever rig will work best for me :)

Dean Mountford
Ultimate VFR

Guys if it's possible to run FSX on a MAC that will be the way to go... Apple's out perform PC base systems 3 to 1 running comparible software...

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest Water Mango

I'd go with Apple if FSX/Vista could run on it with a decent video card... :-)

>Guys if it's possible to run FSX on a MAC that will be the>way to go... Apple's out perform PC base systems 3 to 1>running comparible software...Don't know if you're aware of this, but the new Macs *ARE* PCs. Intel 925 chipsets, Intel Core Duo processors, and ATI X1600's. Windows XP runs natively on them and no, there's not a 3 to 1 difference. These new PC-based ones also outperform the old G4 and G5 based systems too, which really makes me suspect of the older claims that they were better hardware than PCs - why would Apple switch to PC hardware if it was worse performing. They hit a brick wall with the PowerPC architecture and it wasn't getting any faster...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

No its not written in Java ;)