Sign in to follow this  
somiller

Add <from> <to> to live ac

Nico,

At one time I thought I saw this info displayed as part of the info tags in P3D. Even though I have this option selected, I get no flight plan info for AI. Is this info supposed to be the real to/from for each AI flight?

Any idea why I don't see this part of the info. tag...as I said, I'm certain I used to see this...but no more. In P3D information options, I have flight plan box checked.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Nico,

Disregard this problem. In addition to the missing labels, I notice RealTraffic was using an inordinate amount of resource, up to 8-10% CPU, and 8-10% GPU, so I uninstalled it, and reinstalled...same result. I deleted the RT .ini, and now all seems to be well - almost no CPU or GPU usage, and I'm not getting to/from info for my AI.

It appears that if you close the traffic display window in RT it does something funky and causes the high CPU/GPU usage. I'll contact Inside Systems and see what he has to say about it.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

This is what you should see, if all controls are set, the option in PSXT and the ones in P3D.

Kind Regards,

Nico

Edited by kiek

Nico,

Yes, that is exactly what I see. I made a mistake when writing my last post. When I said: " and I'm not getting to/from info for my AI", I meant to say: I AM getting to/from info for my AI.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

Yes I thought so, but just to be sure. And it is also  a good example/instruction for other Forum readers.

10 hours ago, somiller said:

Nico,

Disregard this problem. In addition to the missing labels, I notice RealTraffic was using an inordinate amount of resource, up to 8-10% CPU, and 8-10% GPU, so I uninstalled it, and reinstalled...same result. I deleted the RT .ini, and now all seems to be well - almost no CPU or GPU usage, and I'm not getting to/from info for my AI.

It appears that if you close the traffic display window in RT it does something funky and causes the high CPU/GPU usage. I'll contact Inside Systems and see what he has to say about it.

Kind Regards,

This is very interesting.  So removing the RT.ini file deduced the CPU load and didn't have any adverse affects on RealTraffic?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Dave,

Yes, removing the RT.ini solved the problem. I had been running RT and PSXseecontraffic on my sim computer because they use virtually no resources. After upgrading to a RT 5.0.30 I noticed it was using up to 10% CPU and GPU, so I contacted Balthasar at RT, but he said it was placebo effect, as nothing had changed in RT that would affect resource usage. I dropped it at that, and just ran it on my laptop in a networked config. in order not to have the drain on my sim PC.

Just last night (04/06/19) I checked RT resource use on my laptop, and sure enough, virtually none. As a test I uninstalled RT, then reinstalled on my sim PC, but still had the high usage issue. 2nd test was to track down (C:\Users\youruser\AppData\Roaming\InsideSystems) and delete the RT .ini, and bingo, back to low usage.

When you start RT after deleting the .ini you'll get a pop-up asking to agree to license terms...just click okay and it'll fire up. After it starts, select the correct sim platform in the "Simulator in use" dropdown - even if the correct sim is already shown, click the dropdown and select it again - this will auto-configure RT.

I thought the problem was the new version, but the new version is not the cause.

The issue seems to be related to closing the "Traffic Display" window in RT, as any time I do that, the resource usage goes up. Close RT, delete the .ini, restart RT, and it's back to normal. I've tested this scenario over and over, and it works EVERY time. I am also able to replicate this problem, and fix, with the 6.0.29 beta.

I have contacted Balthasar again to inform him of my findings, and if he provides a response I'll post it in this thread.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1