Sign in to follow this  
Figadas

Syntax Error GNSSv2 + Piston Duke v2 (resolved)

Hello everybody,

I've been trying for a couple of weeks now to get the 430+530 v2 combo working on the Piston Duke v2 (FSX + Win10).

Bert helped me a while ago adapting his Prepar3d GPS500 panel modification to run on my setup and I'm very thankful for his help, but it would be nice specially to have the 430 and the 530 running together "natively"

Everything works well on the Turbine Duke after renaming the new v2 RXP.dll so RealAir config panel recognizes the modules, but if I do the same thing on the Piston Duke, when I go to select to use the RXP I get this Error: chunk has too many syntax levels.

Is there a solution to have the stack working on FSX?

thank you and thanks again Bert for your help!

regards,

Igor

syntax_zpsgmdcetrp.jpg

Hi Igor,

I sent you my panel.cfg for my older RXP gauges.  I would be interested to know if it works for you as I am considering upgrading to V2.  I also use FSX.

David

• Like 2

David, CYXE

Hi David, 

Thank you for the file.

I'll report back once I have a chance to give it a try later tonight.

regards,

Igor

Hi there David, unfortunately the panel.cfg didn't work.

The Panel itself didn't change, so I only had the native FSX GPS and the RXP was behind it, so I guess I need first to find a way to let the Duke know that I want the RXP 530+430 panel layout to be active and then try to add both GPS editing config files.

Or even easier, have a solution for the syntax error so I can just run the RealAir's Panel Config and have the RXP working.

Thank you for the file though, t might be just a  matter of editing a file or two..

Have to say right now, I regret moving to V2, everything worked perfectly with the old GNSS

Did you change the options.xml file to the correct value (30)?  That file controls what GPS arrangement to display in the virtual cockpit. Sounds like it was still set to the default GPS.  XML files are very fussy, and the file had to be changed exactly as I showed you in my second email.  You will also need to change all the gauge name references from rxpGNS to rxpGNS2, I believe.

David

• Like 2

David, CYXE

HI there David,

I did change the xml, but I didnt change the rxpGNS to v2 because I originally renamed the actual V2 file to match the V1 old filename, it was a workaround to have the newer GNSS working.

What I'm going to do today is I'm going update the GNSS since RXP released a new versio, I'm also going to put the new RXPGNS2.dll (If I'm not mistaken) back to the folder as the active RXP file and then rename all the references on your cfg, options etc to match the new v2.

I'll let you know.

thank you

regards,

Igor

Hi. 

I am havin the same problem would you be able to send me the panel cfg. File & the xml. Doc. And how i can update. I can get to where the file are located but unsure hpw to change them.

Thanks.

Edited by Jax96

Hello, I have the same problem, can somebody send me the cfg file.... Thanks...

[PLEASE DON'T POST ON MY PROFILE - SUPPORT IS VIA THE FORUM ONLY - MESSAGE BELOW]

Hello

I've been trying for a couple of weeks now to get the 430+530 v2 combo working on the Piston Duke v2 (FSX + Win10).

On the Piston Duke, when I go to select to use the RXP I get this Error:

"chunk has too many syntax levels"

thank you.

regards,

Edited by RXP

On 6/8/2020 at 4:30 PM, Jean Galicki said:

"chunk has too many syntax levels"

Hi,

This most likely is indicating a formatting error in one of the files (XML file?).

You might want to review what files you've manually edited in order to find there is no missing matching <tag></tag> entries?

Then review any LUA files for this:

https://help.interfaceware.com/v6/chunk-has-too-many-syntax-levels-error-very-large-string

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)