Sign in to follow this  
JaydenTheYT

Prepar3D V3 SimConnect won't install.

Yeah the title says most of it but what happens I start the installer accept the EULA and then it disappears and Prepar3D V3 wont find it nor will FSUIPC.

But yeah thanks if you can help! 😁

Edited by JaydenTheYT

What SimConnect version are you trying to install?  Prepar3D v3 doesn't use a version of SimConnect that has to be installed like the FSX Side-by-Side installations.  You are using the latest Prepar3D v3 as well as the latest FSUIPC, correct?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

@WarpDI'm trying to install v.10.0.60905.0, and yes I'm using the latest P3D V3 and FSUIPC.

Edited by JaydenTheYT

Ok, I believe that's the FSX:RTM version of SimConnect... why do you state that Prepar3D can not find it?  Also, I was unaware that FSUIPC for Prepar3D v3 used the FSX:RTM version of SimConnect.  I think you're going to have to offer a great deal more information as to what you're trying to get working.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

@WarpD I stated that P3D couldn't find it because no 3rd party planes work FSPassengers can't find SimConnect, and what information do I have to send?

In your C:\Windows\assembly\ folder, is there a Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect entry?  I have three of them, 10.0.60905.0, 10.0.61242.0 and 10.0.61259.0.  If they are not there on your system, then something blocked the installer.  I would suspect permissions and/or some type of software protection.

Edited by WarpD

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

The physical DLLs should be in C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_none_dd92b94d8a196297.  I do not believe the numbers change by system, but they could.  Simply look for the folders in C:\Windows\winsxs\ for any simconnect entries.  Once again, I have three folders there, one for each version.  If all of those are there as well... SimConnect is installed correctly.

Edited by WarpD

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

On 4/7/2019 at 11:06 AM, JaydenTheYT said:

Yeah the title says most of it but what happens I start the installer accept the EULA and then it disappears and Prepar3D V3 wont find it nor will FSUIPC.

But yeah thanks if you can help! 😁

"Prepar3D V3 wont find it " : it doesn't work like that. That would be like saying that you can't find your right foot. SimConnect is part of the simulator itself from the beginning, it is not a separate module and you don't install it. FSUIPC definitely works without installing anything related to SimConnect (provided you are using a current version of FSUIPC) and FsPassengers is supposed to work natively with P3D V3 too (unless the installation instructions tell you otherwise).

The only reason to install a different/old SimConnect client is when you want to use an equally old addon that requires it. In that case you need to find out which old version of SimConnect the addon requires, and then install exactly that client.

Make sure that you have NOT created any SimConnect configuration file during your trials. An incorrect SimConnect.xml can easily block all communications. If you have created any such files (SimConnect.xml, SimConnect.cfg, SimConnect.ini), remove them.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

48 minutes ago, JaydenTheYT said:

@Lorby_SI I haven't created any of those files but I did delete them and I'm going to see if it makes a difference and also here's a photo of what FSPassengers does when I try to install it. https://imgur.com/yDY8sVx

That is an odd message, because what is says is, sorry, BS. SimConnect is a part of P3D, it can't be missing. You can't download any version of "P3D SimConnect" anywhere. But you can install different SimConnect clients if so inclined (these were initially meant to run on a separate computer when you build a networked sim setup - but this is no longer necessary since P3D V2, so you won't get any P3D SimConnect client to install anywhere). Something else must wrong here. Make sure that you are installing the correct version of FsPassengers - I don't have that app, so I don't know if there are different installers for the different versions of the sim, or if they rely on an old version of SimConnect so they can use a unified installer. This is a technique used by some developers to avoid having to build multiple versions. They are compiling their apps with the old FSX SimConnect libraries (disregarding any advances that have been made in the API in the last 10 years), expecting you to install the old FSX SimConnect client. Since Lockheed kept the SimConnect API communications compatible to the old versions, this is actually working. But not really good practice. What they should do is use compiler switches to build their apps specifically for the SimConnect API of each P3D version, so everything works natively, without having to install anything else - and by doing so, taking advantage of the progress of the API itself.

http://www.prepar3d.com/SDKv3/LearningCenter/utilities/simconnect/simconnect.html -> "Using Legacy SimConnect Versions"

You should contact the FsPassengers developer about what exactly is required. And make sure that you don't screw up your sim installation by trying too many things. Their website says:

Simconnect 10.0.61242.0 is required for FsPassengers (FsX or Prepar3D version)

And they even provide a link to all the legacy versions. As per their instructions you are supposed to install all of them (why?).
http://www.fspassengers.com/?action=simconnect

In your OP you said that "P3D doesn't find Simconnect" - why do you say that? What happens? Same for FSUIPC, why do you assume that it can't contact SimConnect? FSUIPC doesn't work at all if that is the case.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

btw. all legacy SimConnect installers are also here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v3\redist\Interface

FsPassengers wants you to install these three in that order

1-RTM/Simconnect.msi
2-SP1/Simconnect.msi
3-XPACK/Simconnect.msi

Best regards

LORBY-SI

@Lorby_SI I've already been through the FsPassengers one and the P3D ones none of them work and by I mean it doesn't work like SimConnect is needed for PMDG planes and whenever I load a PMDG plane (example PMDG 737-800 Wingtips) this shows up. https://imgur.com/a/Oxwb5so and the buttons wont click either no initialising at all I can hear the engines spool up and it will fly but I have no idea what I'm doing 😂 .

9 minutes ago, JaydenTheYT said:

I've already been through the FsPassengers one

It's actually three of them that you are supposed to install, and in a certain order too. No idea why.

9 minutes ago, JaydenTheYT said:

and the P3D ones

There is no such thing.

Despite all your efforts, the one that FsPassengers claims that it needs (10.0.61242.0) is not installed on your computer (what Ed has been asking about earlier)

A P3D plane looks like this too when it has not been activated with a serial number. Make sure to always install the latest version of all products, that they are certified compatible with P3D V3 and have been activated properly. When in doubt, ask the developer/vendor. AFAIK PMDG never required that you install any SimConnect client, they are using the API directly.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI