Sign in to follow this  
OSJJ1985

Just parked aircraft

Hi there,

I have seen a thread about this already, but as a user that only uses PSX to populate airports in VATSIM I am a bit disappointed. I once purchased a license  from RealTraffic, but paying $20 constantly just for parked aircraft is a bit to steep for me. I really only used live traffic to gather correct parking parameters. So I thought ok I will just use RealTraffic with this triel 3 x 5 minutes. But first of all RealTraffic doesn't seem to open anymore and secondly can I use this approach to let PSX think it's gathering live traffic?? I was over the moon when I found your software, as that is exactly what I was looking for. Dynamically populating airports with parked AI aircraft to put some life into VATSIM flights (coming into an airport like LFPG with just 2 aircraft sitting around just doesn't work for me). So if you have any solutions with your new versions I'd appreciate (the link for 13.6 doesn't seem to work either). Thanks a lot.

Cheers,

Edited by OSJJ1985

Hi,

I'm sorry but you cannot get live parking data without RealTraffic. That's why I removed the option to use PSXseeconTraffic without a connection to RT (for parked aircraft only). It complicated the UI and my software.

Maybe I will make a seperate (much lighter) PSXT version just for your purpose. You could then either generate airport files with PPG or copy airport files with real live parking data from others (such as from my site for P3Dv4). 

Till then just buy a month license and you are over the moon again 😉

Regards.

EDIT: on second thought I'll put the no live aircraft option back in 14.1.

Edited by kiek

Available (again), but now also with dynamic changes over time, in version 14.1.

Nico

Edited by kiek

Wow, very much appreciated it. Such a quick response was far beyond my expectations, thanks a lot.